You can count on a few things and one of them is the sale on Amazon devices before Father’s Day! Every year, Amazon discounts their devices for both Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. I remember when they didn’t do that and my wife had actually bought me the second edition Kindle – back in 2008! They were certainly not cheap then, especially when you consider you can buy a $60 Kindle now that is far more advanced than the model I had back then!
Amazon Devices on Sale
Here is a list of the Amazon devices on sale.
- Amazon Kindle – Sale price $59.99 | Regular price $79.99
- Amazon Kindle Paperwhite – Sale price $99.99 | Regular price $119.99
- Amazon Kindle Voyage – Sale price $179.99 | Regular price $199.99
- Save up to 30% off Amazon E-readers from Amazon Warehouse Deals
- Amazon Tap – Sale price $99.99 | Regular price $129.99
- Amazon Echo – Sale price $139.99 | Regular price $179.99
- Amazon Echo Dot – Sale price $39.99 | Regular price $49.99
While any of these devices make great Father’s Day gifts (I have done it – a couple of times!), they also make great devices for yourself and your travels. While I have had various tablets over the years (I actually owned the Motorola Xoom the day it came out – when Staples still didn’t have a Tablet category and it had a huge coupon!), I always carry my Kindle with me everyday and whenever I travel. It is great to just pull it out and be able to read any of thousands of books (if you have Amazon Prime or Kindle Unlimited, you get access to free books to borrow) wherever I am. Plus, the battery life on them is fantastic! You will probably not even need to bring a charging cable on your trip!
I personally own and use the Kindle Paperwhite and have owned the Kindle model as well. I find the Paperwhite model to be perfect for me so I can read it in bed without needing the lights.
Of course, if you can wait, you will likely find some deals that are much better on the basic Kindle model around Thanksgiving – plus it will likely be a newer model with faster refreshing.