The AAdvantage Executive card has an increased mileage bonus but it still comes with its high annual fee up front. Find out the details and if it is a good deal!
60,000 American Airline Miles + Lounge Membership Card Offer
The previous offer was 50,000 AA miles. This increased offer will put 60,000 American Airline miles in your account after meeting the minimum spending. Plus, you will get Admiral’s Club membership for lounge access during your travels.
- Earn 60,000 American Airline miles after spending $5,000 in 90 days
- Admirals club® membership
- 10,000 elite qualifying miles after spending $40,000 in a calendar year
- Enjoy a global entry or tsa precheck application fee credit
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- Earn 2 aadvantage® miles for every $1 you spend on eligible american airlines and us airways purchases
- Enhanced airport experience
- First checked bag free on domestic itineraries
- 25% savings on eligible in-flight purchases on american airlines and us airways flights
- Annual Fee: $450 annual fee (not waived)
- Not eligible for the bonus if you opened or closed this card in the last 24 months
Is It Worth It?
An extra 10,000 AA miles is nice, but is it good enough to jump on right now? It depends! Before March, I would say that it is a good idea. But, if you prefer premium cabin travel, it may not be worth it to apply for it right now.
You will spend $450 to be able to earn 60,000 American Airline miles and you will get Admiral’s Club access as well. But, if you do not regularly fly AA, then it may not be the best deal for you.
The Platinum Select card would be the better option if you have not opened or closed that card in the last 24 months. That card comes with 50,000 AA miles after spending only $3,000 and the annual fee is waived the first year.
But, if you have had the Platinum Select card recently and you want to pick up more AA miles, the AAdvantage Executive card is a great way to go.