Welcome to this week’s summary! The business class fare sale that happened on Thursday and Friday ended up taking up quite a bit of my time as I was trying to schedule some things as well as helping out some friends and family. I was out when the best prices were available, so it took some searching but I was still able to find what I needed.
It ended up kind of funny – I have had a post that I was going to push publish on for quite a few weeks now about how I was not going for easy AA Executive Platinum status (because of an offer to only fly 25,000 elite qualifying points) because of many things. Well, good thing I did not post that as I am going for it and will have it locked up with two quick trips – for waaayy less than I thought possible!
Anyway, here are the posts from Running with Miles this week.
Miles, Points, and Travel
- The Best Hyatt Card Offer Now Requires A Stay – Plus A Word Of Caution – The best Hyatt offer publicly available offers the two free nights, 5,000 bonus points (for adding an authorized user) and a $50 statement credit. However, there is now a stipulation added to this offer.
- 6 Continent Tour – Thessaloniki, Greece [Marathon Run 1] – Here is a review and recap of marathon #1 of my 6 continent marathon tour. Stats and details available here!
- Save 20% At Extended Stay Hotels – [Expired] While Extended Stay hotels may not be at the top of anyone’s lodging list, a 20% sale can help when you do need to stay at one.
- Great Three-Day Sale: Southwest From $49 (Or 2,200 Points) – [Expired] This was the best sale that Southwest holds a couple/few times a year. Hopefully you got in on this and picked up some deals!
- United Award Sale To Hawaii – Save 20% – United award sales are basically just like other airlines’ off-peak sales, except United runs them as sales. This sale can be great if you were planning on redeeming miles for travel to Hawaii. Get the details here.
- The 2,500 Alaska Mile Referral – Get More Miles! – Earning bonus miles via referrals is always a great way to pick up more! Here is a way to help your friends and family while lifting your own balance as well. The details are also here if you want to pass along the info on the $100 statement credit offer (does not earn the referral).
- New Offer: 50,000 Delta Skymiles + $50 Credit Card Offer – An upgraded Delta offer is out for both the personal and business cards – 50,000 miles and $50 statement credit. Check out the details here.
- 7 U.S. Marathons Worth The Trip – And How To Get There For (Almost) Free – CNN put together a list of 7 U.S. Marathons that are worth the trip. Of course, it is even better if you can get there for almost free! Here is how to do just that.
- Amazon Closes The Door On Their Hotel Booking Service – Amazon attempted to make a go of the hotel booking business but only 6 months later, they closed the doors on this business.
- Targeted: 50,000 Hyatt Point Credit Card Offer – This is an incredible offer but only targeted right now! Find out what to look for in your e-mail to see if you have been targeted as well.
- Comparing The Hyatt 50,000 Point Card Offer W/ The Hyatt 2 Free Night Card Offer – If you did get targeted (or if they make this offer public), which Hyatt card offer is the best one for you? This post breaks it all down!
- Check Your Southwest Reservations For Big Savings! – [Expired] When these great Southwest sales come out, it always pays to check your previously booked bookings for big savings. Hopefully you did that!
- Buy $500 Gift Cards At OfficeMax/Office Depot And Earn 5X Points With Chase Ink! – Great news that $500 gift cards can be purchased at Office Max with credit cards again! This is an incredible way to rack up Ultimate Reward points (using Chase Ink cards) at a very low price.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.