Welcome to this week’s summary! The business class fare sale that happened on Thursday and Friday ended up taking up quite a bit of my time as I was trying to schedule some things as well as helping out some friends and family. I was out when the best prices were available, so it took some searching but I was still able to find what I needed.
It ended up kind of funny – I have had a post that I was going to push publish on for quite a few weeks now about how I was not going for easy AA Executive Platinum status (because of an offer to only fly 25,000 elite qualifying points) because of many things. Well, good thing I did not post that as I am going for it and will have it locked up with two quick trips – for waaayy less than I thought possible!
Anyway, here are the posts from Running with Miles this week.
Miles, Points, and Travel
- The Best Hyatt Card Offer Now Requires A Stay – Plus A Word Of Caution – The best Hyatt offer publicly available offers the two free nights, 5,000 bonus points (for adding an authorized user) and a $50 statement credit. However, there is now a stipulation added to this offer.
- 6 Continent Tour – Thessaloniki, Greece [Marathon Run 1] – Here is a review and recap of marathon #1 of my 6 continent marathon tour. Stats and details available here!
- Save 20% At Extended Stay Hotels – [Expired] While Extended Stay hotels may not be at the top of anyone’s lodging list, a 20% sale can help when you do need to stay at one.
- Great Three-Day Sale: Southwest From $49 (Or 2,200 Points) – [Expired] This was the best sale that Southwest holds a couple/few times a year. Hopefully you got in on this and picked up some deals!
- United Award Sale To Hawaii – Save 20% – United award sales are basically just like other airlines’ off-peak sales, except United runs them as sales. This sale can be great if you were planning on redeeming miles for travel to Hawaii. Get the details here.
- The 2,500 Alaska Mile Referral – Get More Miles! – Earning bonus miles via referrals is always a great way to pick up more! Here is a way to help your friends and family while lifting your own balance as well. The details are also here if you want to pass along the info on the $100 statement credit offer (does not earn the referral).
- New Offer: 50,000 Delta Skymiles + $50 Credit Card Offer – An upgraded Delta offer is out for both the personal and business cards – 50,000 miles and $50 statement credit. Check out the details here.
- 7 U.S. Marathons Worth The Trip – And How To Get There For (Almost) Free – CNN put together a list of 7 U.S. Marathons that are worth the trip. Of course, it is even better if you can get there for almost free! Here is how to do just that.
- Amazon Closes The Door On Their Hotel Booking Service – Amazon attempted to make a go of the hotel booking business but only 6 months later, they closed the doors on this business.
- Targeted: 50,000 Hyatt Point Credit Card Offer – This is an incredible offer but only targeted right now! Find out what to look for in your e-mail to see if you have been targeted as well.
- Comparing The Hyatt 50,000 Point Card Offer W/ The Hyatt 2 Free Night Card Offer – If you did get targeted (or if they make this offer public), which Hyatt card offer is the best one for you? This post breaks it all down!
- Check Your Southwest Reservations For Big Savings! – [Expired] When these great Southwest sales come out, it always pays to check your previously booked bookings for big savings. Hopefully you did that!
- Buy $500 Gift Cards At OfficeMax/Office Depot And Earn 5X Points With Chase Ink! – Great news that $500 gift cards can be purchased at Office Max with credit cards again! This is an incredible way to rack up Ultimate Reward points (using Chase Ink cards) at a very low price.