Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
Southwest runs sales just about every week but only runs their $49 sale a couple/few times per year. This is one of those times – fly on Southwest for sales from $49 for one way (or 2,200 points).
Southwest Fare Sale From $49 (or 2,200 points)
The Southwest fare sale is structure in tiers and looks like this:
- Purchase from October 13 through October 15, 2015, 11:59 p.m. for the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Travel December 2 through December 16, 2015, and January 5 through February 10, 2016. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid December 2 through December 10, 2015, and January 19 through February 10, 2016.
- Travel not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to/from Florida or Nevada is valid only on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid only Mondays through Thursdays.
- Fares valid on nonstop, domestic service only.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® Fares.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but not guaranteed.
- Check more details here
This is a great deal and a great sale! Already, I rebooked tickets and saved several thousands of points so check your tickets already booked! If you have not booked travel yet, now is the time to do it. Granted, the holidays are not covered by the sale but that just means more time with your family (or less time, depending on how you paint that picture!).
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.