I have written a lot about Aegean Airlines, the airline of Greece and constant winner of the Regional European airline award. Last year, they formed a partnership with SPG that opens up some great opportunities with Aegean’s friendly award chart. Today, they have made this partnership even stronger with the ability to use your miles to book hotel rooms in Greece – and a little something special for Aegean Gold members.
Redeem Aegean Miles at SPG Hotels in Greece
Of course, you can redeem your Starpoints for SPG hotels anywhere in the world, but it is nice to have the option to use other currencies as well. Not only that, but if you use your Aegean miles to book SPG hotels in Greece, you can book rooms with miles that you may not be able to book with Starpoints directly.
There are a number of SPG hotels in Greece now (click on each one to see the point requirements) that you can book with Aegean miles:
- Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Astir Palace, Athens
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Elounda
- Hotel Grande Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens
- King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens
- Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini
- The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, Costa Navarino
- The Westin Athens Astir Palace Beach Resort, Athens
- The Westin Resort Costa Navarino
- Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos
- Sheraton Rhodes Resort, Rhodes
- Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini
You will need to check and compare to see what will give you the best redemption rates, but it will likely come down to the miles you have with Aegean vs the points you have with SPG. The hotel award charts are broken down by seasons so you could get a very good redemption value depending on when you go!
To book these awards, you will need to sign-in to your account (here) and then scroll to the bottom to Use Miles. Then, select Non-Air Partner awards and select the property you want. If you do not have the miles, you will not be able to continue past that point for the requested property.
Benefits for Aegean Miles+Bonus Gold Members
They have also added some benefits for Aegean Gold members with this deeper partnership. These are available as vouchers in your Miles+Bonus account and are different for each property. The expiration date is tied to your elite expiration date (November 24, 2016) and you can get things from food vouchers to spa vouchers, upgrades, free internet, complimentary 4th night and more.
- Arion, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Astir Palace, Athens – Complimentary Internet access, 50% discount to access the Spa facilities, 20% discount to Spa treatments and an upgrade to the next room category.
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Elounda – 20€ discount at Asia Blue restaurant
- Hotel Grande Bretagne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens – 25€ discount on a Spa treatment
- King George, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Athens
- Mystique, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Santorini – 30€ discount at Asea Restaurant
- The Romanos, a Luxury Collection Resort, Costa Navarino – Unlimited use of the Anazoe Spa Heat experience for a day
- The Westin Athens Astir Palace Beach Resort, Athens – Complimentary Internet access, 50% discount to access the Spa facilities, 20% discount to Spa treatments and an upgrade to the next room category.
- The Westin Resort Costa Navarino – Unlimited use of the Anazoe Spa Heat experience for a day
- Santa Marina, a Luxury Collection Resort, Mykonos – 50€ discount for food & beverage
- Sheraton Rhodes Resort, Rhodes – 25€ discount at L’Onda or Thèa restaurant
- Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini – Complimentary 4th night stay, 30€ discount at Alati restaurant
This could be really nice if you have upcoming travel to Greece and you want to get the most out of your stay at a SPG hotel in Greece! With many properties available, you should be able to get something to help you get more value out of your Aegean Gold status. To get an overview of your Gold benefits at the SPG hotels, check this page and click on Gold Benefits for each property.
Whenever travel programs add benefits and strengthen partnerships for their customers, it is a good thing. I am happy to see this expanded partnership between SPG and Aegean as both are loyalty programs that I am very active with. I am looking forward to using some of these Gold vouchers at SPG hotels in the future!
What do you think about these new SPG/Aegean benefits?
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.