American Airlines is trying to drum up interest in their interactive award map that they debuted a while back. As a way to do that, they are inviting participants to enter for a chance to receive a 25,000 mile award. In exchange for doing so, if you do not win the grand prize, you will receive a 2,500 AA mile rebate on future award travel.
This is a great offer! If you are a Citibank AAdvantage Visa cardholder(I do not receive a commission for this link), you will also receive your award rebate that is offered (10% rebate, up to 10,000 miles per year). For an American Airlines domestic award redeemed during this time, you will receive a rebate of 5,000 miles (for these two offers) from your 25,000 mile award. If you use this an off-peak European award (40,000 miles), you will receive a rebate of 6,500 miles for an effective award cost of 33,500 miles.
- Go to this American Airlines site – Link
- Click to watch the video (this is a tutorial, but you can skip it)
- Click to launch the award map
- Go back to your original tab and fill in the information boxes (name, e-mail, AAdvantage number)
- That’s it!
Here are the terms and details for your 2,500 AAdvantage mile rebate:
- Flight must be booked between 6/26/2013 – 7/24/2013
- The travel must be between 9/4/2013 – 11/20/2013
- Allow 6-8 weeks for miles to be deposited
- Flight must be booked at aa.com and must be on AA or partner flights
- Rebate is only good one time
The award map link is located here.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.