Running with Miles does not have direct links to credit cards. If you would like to help support the site with your applications, please check out the links on this page for offers.
While these are more sales from the airlines that are known to publicize them the most, at least the Southwest fare sale is better than it normally is. With fares starting at $49 one-way throughout much of the country and being bookable through December, this is a sale you don’t want to miss!
Southwest Fare Sale From $49
The Southwest fare sale is structure in tiers and looks like this:
The great thing about Southwest sales is that the sale price results in lower points for award travel as well, since the award price is revenue based. Along with that, another great thing about Southwest is that you can cancel your reservations – paid or award – and rebook them at no additional cost in fees. So, if you have previously booked travel for this sale period, you need to look and see if your trip has dropped in price and rebook with these sale prices.
- Purchase from June 2 through June 4, 2015, 11:59 p.m. for the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Travel August 24 through December 16, 2015.
- Blackout Dates Apply: September 3-5, September 7, and November 20 – December 1, 2015.
- Travel not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to/from Florida or Nevada is valid only on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid only Mondays through Thursdays.
- Fares valid on nonstop service only.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from Portland, ME.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® Fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but not guaranteed.
To see more details and city pairs/prices, check out the Southwest sale page here.
One of the routes I checked – Rochester to Baltimore – is a great option for many of my running friends who like to run the Baltimore Marathon and gives you an example of what is possible. When booked with points, it comes to a total of 4,546 points roundtrip! That is a great deal to be sure!
JetBlue Fare Sale
The JetBlue fare sale is a little less inspiring but still a nice option if you need summer travel and Southwest does not serve your airports. With the $49 starting price not touching a lot of airports, count on spending a little more than that and the sale schedule does not run as deep into the year as the Southwest sale. Still, it is a sale!
- Fares include government taxes and fees.
- Book by June 3, 2015 (the earlier of 11:59 PM ET or local time).
- Travel July 7 – September 30, 2015. Tuesday and Wednesday travel.
- Different or additional day of week restrictions, travel windows, and blackout dates may apply and vary by route. Click on a fare for details.
- Sale page
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.