I will be completely honest – I don’t understand the huge attraction of the color rose gold but when Apple brought it mainstream a few years ago to the iPhone, it became a huge hit. Many cell phones and even computers took on that rose gold color and now that color has crossed over the plastic – credit cards.
As I said before, I would never tell someone to sign up for a credit card based on its appearance. But, again, people like it so I did want to bring it to your attention one final time before it goes away! It has been such a huge hit that I cannot see Amex taking it away forever, but they have been quite clear that this color was only available until January 9, 2019.
That is tomorrow so if the color means something to you, time to apply! Plus, hey, if you use my link, I get some points for you being approved as well! 🙂
Want a Rose Gold Amex Card? Last Chance!
Link: American Express Gold Card (to get the 50,000 point offer, make sure you click that referral link, select to view Personal Cards, and then select the card from that following page – if you apply using this link, I will also get Membership Reward points as well so, thank you!)
This card is positioned to be an attractive option for the person who likes earning increased points on supermarket shopping and restaurants. This increased bonus category even beats out the very popular Chase Sapphire Reserve on dining by offering 4X Membership Reward points.
- Receive 20% back as a statement credit at U.S. Restaurants with the Gold Card within the first 3 months of your Card Membership, up to $100 back. Offer available to new Card Members who apply by 1/9/2019.
- Plus, earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at US restaurants.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at US supermarkets, on up to $25,000 per year in purchases.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- NEW $120 DINING CREDIT- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at participating partners. This can be an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required
- $100 AIRLINE FEE CREDIT– Select one qualifying airline and then receive up to $100 per calendar year in statement credits when incidental fees are charged by the airline to your American Express® Gold Card account.
- Annual fee: $250
- Can select a Rose Gold or traditional Gold colored card
The New Card Perks
It will also come with $120 in dining credits per year, spread out as a $10 max credit each month. These are good for Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and participating Shake Shack locations. So, if you wanted to stop in at the Cheesecake Factory every month, you could get a “free” slice of cheesecake with this.
For the first 3 months for new members (this part of the offer also expires January 9), you will also be able to take advantage of a statement credit of 20% back on US restaurant purchases, up to $100 back. This is American Express really trying to get new members used to using this card for dining!
But, all of this comes with an increased annual fee – $250 per year up from $195. The bad part is that the annual fee is not even waived for the first year for new members.
What Will Change January 9th?
As of tomorrow, the rose gold option will no longer be a choice. Also gone will be the statement credit of 20% back on US restaurant purchases. That is capped at $100 back and a nice perk for anyone that will hit restaurants enough in the first 3 months of card membership, consider this as well.
Other than those two things, everything else should stay the same. I would guess the 50,000 points with the referral offers will remain as well (affiliate offers and public offers are only offering 25,000 points).