While the real value of miles and points is highlighted for use on air travel or hotel stays, the flexibility and options they provide can really present some unique or valuable experiences as well. SPG has their SPG Moments which offers some interesting packages for sports, culture, and more and those can give some incredible value! Hilton also has their auctions with points and this auction lets you use those Hilton points to gain entry to a marathon and get a hotel package!
Use Hilton Points for this Marathon + Hotel
This is a special package for the Bucharest Marathon, held on October 15, 2017. I have heard some great things about this marathon and the city and it could be a great opportunity to check out both of them!
Here is what the winner will receive with this Hilton auction:
- Enrollment for the Bucharest Marathon on Sunday, October 15, 2017
- Access to the pre-event Pasta Party on Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Private aqua gym session in the hotel Health Club
- Private walking tour including some of Bucharest’s main touristic attractions
- Two (2) night stay in an Executive Room at Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest, including breakfast
Value of This Hilton Auction
We know Hilton points are generally worth around .4 – .5 cents per point. The current bid (and starting bid) is 75,000 points. That is roughly worth $340 or so. The marathon registration itself costs €44 (until July 1), so about $49. The hotel room is going for 69,000 points per night so if the package goes for less than 138,000 points, you are basically getting the marathon, pasta party, tour, and gym session for free!
Hilton points are pretty easy to come by with some very rich bonuses that get offered on the Hilton cards. Not only that, but you can pool points with up to 10 other people! So, many people might have access to a healthy Hilton balance. If that is you and you would like to redeem points for a complete marathon package, this could be a good way to go!
Hilton Auction Details
- Ends June 30, 2017 at 12:00PM EST
- Starting bid: 75,000 points
- Current bid: 75,000 points
HT: Thanks to Evan who found this and commented on this post