I normally do not like credit card offers that offer up to a certain amount. I have mentioned before about some of these offers and how they can be a little off in their presentation. There are a couple of things I like about this particular card and why it would be a good card to add to your mile earning plans:
- It is with Barclay Bank – most of the great bonuses are with Chase and American Express, since this is with a different bank, you have a better chance of getting this card anytime (and probably, instantly)
- Having the card allows you (the primary card holder) to redeem awards for 5,000 fewer miles – this means that a US award ticket can be redeemed for only 20,000 miles!
So, what are the details?
- $89 Annual Fee (not waived)
- 15,000 Bonus Miles after first use
- 15,000 Bonus Miles after spending $750 in the first 90 days
- Up to 10,000 Bonus Miles with a balance transfer in the first 30 days
- 0% interest on balance transfers for the first 6 months
- 15.99% or 24.99% APR (based upon credit worthiness)
- Negative – you do NOT get a free checked bag with this card
- Up to 2 $99 Companion Flights a year (issued after your card renewal)
- First Class Check-In (a great way to combat the growing check-in lines at airports)
- Zone 2 Boarding (a great way to find a place to stash your carry-ons before the general public boards)
There is another card that offers a lower annual fee ($49), but with the additional miles plus the ability to redeem for 5,000 fewer miles on your award tickets makes the extra $40 worth it. I have this card (though I rarely use it) thanks to the lesser award ticket requirements.
Click here to apply (Note: This link is direct from the credit card company – I do not receive any commission for you clicking through this link or applying for this card).
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.