I normally do not like credit card offers that offer up to a certain amount. I have mentioned before about some of these offers and how they can be a little off in their presentation. There are a couple of things I like about this particular card and why it would be a good card to add to your mile earning plans:
- It is with Barclay Bank – most of the great bonuses are with Chase and American Express, since this is with a different bank, you have a better chance of getting this card anytime (and probably, instantly)
- Having the card allows you (the primary card holder) to redeem awards for 5,000 fewer miles – this means that a US award ticket can be redeemed for only 20,000 miles!
So, what are the details?
- $89 Annual Fee (not waived)
- 15,000 Bonus Miles after first use
- 15,000 Bonus Miles after spending $750 in the first 90 days
- Up to 10,000 Bonus Miles with a balance transfer in the first 30 days
- 0% interest on balance transfers for the first 6 months
- 15.99% or 24.99% APR (based upon credit worthiness)
- Negative – you do NOT get a free checked bag with this card
- Up to 2 $99 Companion Flights a year (issued after your card renewal)
- First Class Check-In (a great way to combat the growing check-in lines at airports)
- Zone 2 Boarding (a great way to find a place to stash your carry-ons before the general public boards)
There is another card that offers a lower annual fee ($49), but with the additional miles plus the ability to redeem for 5,000 fewer miles on your award tickets makes the extra $40 worth it. I have this card (though I rarely use it) thanks to the lesser award ticket requirements.
Click here to apply (Note: This link is direct from the credit card company – I do not receive any commission for you clicking through this link or applying for this card).