The American Express Green Card may not be a card you are familiar with – and that is a good thing! It means you likely have not had it before so it is an easy path to grab up to 45,000 Membership Reward points from!
Up to 60,000 Amex Points with Amex Green Card
Note: Various offers will appear to people. Try to open the link below in an private browser and keep refreshing if you do not get an offer you want. I only saw the 60,000 point offer once so if you see that one, go for it!
Link: American Express Green Card (this is a personal referral offer that will give a reader points if you are approved)
This card starts out with a $150 annual fee but if you value Membership Reward points, that is basically like spending $150 to buy up to 60,000 American Express Membership Reward points. I call that a deal!
Here are the offers I have seen:
- Earn 60,000 Membership Reward points after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 50,000 Membership Reward points after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 30,000 Membership Reward points after spending $2,000 in the first 6 months
- Also, get $200 back on supermarket spending
Beyond that, here are the details of what this card gives you:
- Get one of the offers above
- Earn 3X points on restaurants (takeout and delivery), transit (rideshare, subway, tolls, and ferry rides), and travel
- No foreign transaction fees
- Plus, until December 2020, earn up to $10 back per month in statement credits when you use the card for wireless telephone services purchased directly from the U.S. service provider (that would equal $50 in statement credits)
- $100 Credit per year for CLEAR membership (in the form of statement credits)
- $100 credit for lounge access through LoungeBuddy (each year in the form of statement credits)
- Annual fee: $150
As you can see, it is actually a nice, mid-tier card for someone that does some travel. Not only will you earn 3X Amex points on travel, but you also get credit for CLEAR and lounges (up to $100 each per year) that can help if you value either/both of those.
But, the real headliner is the up to 60,000 Membership Reward points. If you value them at close to 2 cents per point like I do, that is getting up to $1,200 in value from the bonus (minus the $150 from the annual fee so like $1,050). Aeroplan is launching a new program in November (more on that shortly) but, 55,000 Amex points is enough for western Europe to the US in business class – either way.
Getting the 45,000 Point Offer
To get this offer, you need to go through a referral link (like above or here) or sometimes in a private browser. You may need to keep refreshing the page or closing it and reopening it to see the 50,000 or 60,000 point offer.
Feel free to leave your referral offers below as well and I can cycle them through the links above!