The United MileagePlus Explorer is one of those cards that fluctuates between the standard 30K miles and 50K miles. Fortunately, it was publicly available at the 50K amount (+ 5,000 for additional users and a $50 statement credit) for quite a while. But, that offer is gone and it is back to only 30,000 miles (plus the 5,000 for the authorized user and $50 credit) by starting a booking on United.com.
United Personal Credit Card Still At 50,000 Miles – For Some
– United 50,000 Miles Application Link (must login to see if you have the offer)
However, the 50,000 mile offer (without the statement credit) is still available for some. I am not sure what the parameters are for determining who is eligible but all of our family accounts are eligible. The link is above but you will need to sign in with your United account information to see if you receive the offer. If you are eligible, it is a great offer and I strongly encourage you to consider signing up.
Even since the United devaluation of 2014, there are still many redemption options available all over the world. Also, the United business credit card stays at the 50,000 mile level as well so you could pick up 110,000 United miles with just two credit cards!
- free first checked bag
- priority boarding
- no fees on foreign transactions†
- 2 united club passes per year
- 10,000 bonus miles when you spend $25,000 in net purchases on your card each year
- 5,000 bonus miles when you add an authorized user and make a purchase in the first three months
- earn 2 miles per dollar spent on tickets purchased from United
- earn 1 mile per dollar spent on all other purchases
- miles don’t expire
- Any Seat, Any Time on any United flight (award seats on United flights can be booked as long as there is one seat left on the plane for cardholders)
Getting the additional 5,000 miles
The card itself comes with a 50,000 mile bonus. To get the extra 5,000 miles, you must add an authorized user and make a purchase in the first three months. Just add the name during your application process or call them after you receive it to add them to the card and then have that user make a purchase. Make sure you do not add the person as joint on the card or else it could prevent them from getting the bonus!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.