These portal deals for Apple (which normally pay out just 1 mile per dollar) come around like clockwork – always before an announcement of new hardware. But, if you don’t need the latest and greatest of what is not yet announced, these portal deals can be a huge help in earning you some serious miles for Apple purchases you may have been considering.
Today Only: Earn 5 United Miles Per Dollar at Apple
Here are the details of this United portal for Apple:
- Rewards are issued by this MileagePlus Shopping, not Apple.
- The new iPhone XR and Apple Watch Series 4 are not eligible until further notice.
- Additional products not eligible are:
- gift cards
- gift wrap
- Bose products
- Apple Developer Programs
- Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale.
- Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible. EPP purchases are not eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalent
What Will Not Earn Miles?
Ok, that is actually not bad at all! The reason I say that is that normally the site says “Newly released products may not be eligible” and that leaves it up in the air as to whether products released in the previous months would count or not. However, I actually did this deal last time to get a new computer we had been needing and I was able to get the miles for the whole thing just like I should have (and it was a newer model). So, at least they have taken that out now and put in specifically what is not allowed – iPhone XR and Apple Watch Series 4.
This means that phones like the newly released iPhone XS and XS Max are able to earn the miles. If you were going for one of those, you would pick up at least 6,000 United miles and possibly up to 9,000 miles – not a bad way to ease the sting!
But, What Is Coming?
Next Tuesday, Apple will be announcing their new iPad Pro models, potentially a new iPad Mini, and 4 Mac computers of some kind. At least a couple of those will be to replace the MacBook Air and MacBook models.
This means that if you want to pick up an iPad Pro with this deal, I would hold off. You will likely find much better deals after the new ones are released (from retailers like Best Buy – especially open-box models that are returned by customers who want the new ones). Also, if you were planning on going for a MacBook Air (which no one should buy at full price anyway) or a 12″ MacBook, I would hold off on that as well. Again, cheaper prices will be available after the releases of the new ones that would give you far more return than the miles you can earn here.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.