American Airlines spent a month celebrating their 40th anniversary of their program and now United is taking its turn at celebrating 40 years of Mileage Plus. How are they doing that? By offering a lot of trip options for just 8,000 miles roundtrip! If you feel like going international, you can do that for just 40,000 miles to a variety of international cities.
Book United Awards from 8,000 Miles Roundtrip
This sale does not work for every place in the United network but it does work for a whole lot of city pairs! Visit the link above to see all the cities that are on sale today.
It should be noted that United (and some other websites) are advertising this as “4,000 miles one way” but you cannot book this one way! It has to be roundtrip so the deal is really 8,000 miles – which is still a stellar deal for an award flight domestically!
As for international routes, here are some of the really good ones:
- Denver – London
- Newark – Amsterdam
- Newark – Athens (definitely a great one with Greece opening up the country in just under 2 weeks)
- Newark – Tel Aviv (this is a great deal for this route)
- Washington, DC – Athens (this is a new route for United so great that this is on sale as well)
- Washington, DC – Tel Aviv (again, a great deal!)
- Los Angeles – London
- Chicago – Tel Aviv (again, a deal from normal price)
- San Francisco – Papeete, Tahiti (stellar deal!)
- San Francisco – Tel Aviv (once again, a deal to Israel!)
Here are the details you need to know:
- Tickets: Tickets must be purchased no later than May 6, 2021. Roundtrip purchase is required.
- Travel Period: Travel may not begin until June 1, 2021, and must be completed by August 31, 2021.
- Fare Validity: Fares are valid in the Economy (Coach) cabin on United/United Express carriers and certain codeshare operated flights only. Some flights may be operated by the following airlines, doing business as United Express: Air Wisconsin, CommutAir, ExpressJet Airlines, GoJet Airlines, Mesa Air, Republic Airlines, or SkyWest Airlines; or may be operated pursuant to a codeshare agreement, such as Silver Airways.
- Minimum Stay: Saturday night stay is required.
- Blackout Dates: Travel is valid for any day meeting travel period requirements.
Remember that if you cancel an award 31 days or more before the departure, you can get the miles back for free! No fee! No fee on changes made within 30 days as well as long as the ticket originates in the US.