This is one of the Daily Getaway items I bought last year and I ended up getting a car that cost $120 for the day for the certificate – so, I got a $120 value for only $30! I definitely am going to pick up some more of these certificates today because they come with great value, depending on where you use them.
“Free” Avis Rental for $30 – Daily Getaway
There are 800 of these certificates available this year, up from 700 last year. They still cost the same $30 per certificate. Here are the details about this certificate and what it will get you:
- What You Receive: 1 savings certificate via U.S. mail
- Dates of Travel: By May 15, 2018
- Max. Quantity per Purchase: 7
- Making Reservations: Once you receive the paper coupon certificate, you must present it at the rental counter for redemption.
- You must make an advance reservation by calling 1-800-331-1212 or by visiting Avis.com
- Twenty-four hour advance reservation is required
- Which Cars: Good for reservations up to Class G (Premium) cars
As you can see, being able to reserve up to a Premium class car is what gives this certificate some great value. If you rent from airport locations, especially in larger cities, this certificate could save you at least $50 – maybe even more.
The Other Daily Getaway Item Today
This year, Avis dropped their generosity a bit and is only offering Avis President’s Club instead of Chairman’s status like last year. At $750 for President’s Club status, it is not a really great deal – at least to me. I held President’s Club status for several years as a result of holding the now-gone Continental Presidential Plus card and while it gave me some nice upgrades, I would not pay $750 for that.
Still, if you have no status and would like to get this, or you found it worth it for you in the past, you can purchase one of the 20 status packages available today for $750.