I was looking up some flights today and found this Southwest Airlines 40% discount sale on the home page of Southwest Airlines:
They are calling it the Big Winter Sale and using the code BIGDEAL40 in the promotion box will deduct 40% off of their cheapest fares (the Wanna Get Away fare). It is for travel from November 28 – December 12 and January 7 – February 14 and must be purchased by this Thursday night at 11:59PM. The only day of the week excluded is Sunday. This would be a great deal for people with upcoming trips or those wanting to make an upcoming trip. I did a sample ticket from Buffalo to Orlando and it was only $130 in December – a great deal! Here are more of the details:
- Roundtrip travel required. Reservations can include up to eight people.
- Discount is valid on new reservations only and purchase must be made prior to 11:59 pm PT on Oct. 11, 2012, for travel between Nov. 28 through Dec. 12, 2012, and Jan. 7 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Day of week and City Pair exclusions include:
- Travel to/from Ft. Myers, FL
- Blackout Dates include travel to/from the following airports:
- New Orleans flights from Jan. 17 through Jan.21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Las Vegas flights Jan. 10 through Jan 14, 2013, Jan. 17 through Jan. 21, 2013, and Jan. 31 through Feb. 14, 2013.
- Washington Reagan National (DCA), Washington Dulles (IAD), and Baltimore-Washington (BWI) Jan. 17 through Jan. 23, 2013.
- 40 percent discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
- To obtain discount on existing reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation booked using the discount code (fare rules apply).
- Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.