Southwest has their weekly-ish sale on fares around the US. While those prices can be pretty good, they can always be made better when you purchase Southwest gift cards when they are on sale.
Those sales have both aligned now and you can buy Southwest gift cards at a 10% discount and then use them for Southwest flights – even those that are on sale right now!
The Current Southwest Sale
Link: Southwest Sale
Here are the details of this Southwest sale:
- Book from November 14 through November 23, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid November 28, 2017, through May 23, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 16 through March 1, 2018, and April 3 through May 17, 2018.
- International travel valid January 9 through March 1, 2018, and April 3 through May 18, 2018.
- Blackout Dates December 22-23, December 26-27, December 30-31, 2017.
The 10% Sale on Southwest Gift Cards
These are sold by PayPal Digital Gifts and are in limited quantity so buy soon if you want them! They used to be smaller amounts so these $200 gift cards are great deals for two reasons – you are restricted to a limited number on purchase and can only use 3 for one trip. Having the larger denomination gift card gives greater flexibility.
These work like cash so you can book any sales with the gift card without a problem!
Featured image courtesy of TFoxFoto via Shutterstock.com_
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.