Tuesday is here and that means another sale from Southwest. Last week, they posted it on Monday but I think that had more to do with Election Day than trying to switch things up a bit. Regardless, if you want to book new tickets or check existing ones, now is as good as of sale as any to do that!
New Southwest Sale Is Here
Link: Southwest Sale
Southwest Sale Details:
- 14-day advance purchase required for Continental U.S. and 21-day advance purchase required for San Juan, Puerto Rico & International Travel.
- Purchase from November 13 through November 15, 2018, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Continental U.S. travel valid November 27, 2018, through May 22, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 14 through February 28, 2019, and April 23 through May 16, 2019.
- International travel valid January 8 through March 6, 2019, and April 23 through May 16, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out December 21-23, December 26-27, December 29-30, 2018 & January 1-2 2019
This is a meaningful sale because it is good for travel from now until May of 2019. This gives you a great amount of space on the calendar to book those sale fares. Plus, the blackout dates stop after January 2 so that leaves a lot of dates available.
Just like last week, Southwest is keeping SNA, Orange Count airport, out of the sale fun. For everywhere else, make sure you check to see what the prices are. The cheapest city pair, as usual, is Long Beach, CA and Las Vegas, NV but there are some other great deals as well.
Book With Southwest Points For Good Value
With point prices starting from only 1,300+ for the cheapest city pair, you can get a great value in your points. The cheapest tickets can give you a point value of over cents per point – very good for Southwest! So, while you check out the cash prices, don’t forget to look at point costs as well.
By booking the cheapest tickets, you can get some insane value out the best Southwest card offers! See how you could get over $1,300 in value from a single Southwest card offer!
Don’t forget to check your current reservations, thanks to the friendly Southwest cancellation and change policy!
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.