The latest Southwest sale really has a long reach as it stretches all the way into May of 2020. That means there are a whole lot of months available for you to pick our your travel dates from! Save on new travel or check your existing reservations to see if you can save on those.
Save on Southwest Travel Through May of 2020
Link: Southwest Sale
Southwest Sale Details
- 14-day advance purchase required for continental U.S. travel, 21-day advance purchase for all other travel.
- Purchase from November 19 through November 21, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid December 3, 2019, through May 20, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid December 10, 2019, through May 20, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid January 13 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
- International travel valid January 7 through March 5, 2020, and April 14 through May 14, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out December 21-23, December 26-30, 2019; January 4-5, 2020. Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out December 19, 2019 through January 6, 2020.
While Southwest sales are not unusual (they normally come around every week or so), there are two reasons they can be important. One reason is that you can easily rebook Southwest travel if the price drops and get credit or points back in a jiffy. The other is for sales like this that really extend the sale window to let you plan a whole bunch of travel for the months ahead.
Sale prices this time around start from just $49 for travel between many California cities but starts at $39 for travel around the islands of Hawaii. With two bags per person being free, Southwest is definitely the best value choice for popping around Hawaii!
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
featured image courtesy of Southwest