Just a short while ago, I wrote about the new SPG card offer and now we have the new Amex SPG business card offer. This one is for 100,000 points, but before you get too excited about that remember that these are Marriott points. In SPG terms, that would equal 33,333 SPG points. Not far off from the best public offer ever, but not exactly 100K Starpoints either. 🙂
New Amex SPG Business Card Offer: Earn 100,000 Points (Marriott Points)
Link: SPG Business Card Offer
Here are the details on this new Amex SPG business card offer:
- Earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 6X points on Marriott or SPG hotels
- Earn 4X points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- Earn 2X points on all other spending
- Receive a free night award (up to 35,000 points) every year after your card anniversary
- Receive complimentary Marriott Silver elite status
- No foreign transaction fee
- Enjoy free, unlimited Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 hotspots worldwide with the Boingo American Express Preferred Plan
- Annual fee – $95 (waived the first year)
- Previous cardmembers are not eligible for the bonus.
- Offer expires 10/31/2018
Again this basically returning the Amex SPG business card with a bonus offer but closer to the highest public offer it had – the 35K offer. This current offer of 100,000 Marriott points is the equivalent of 33,333 SPG points. The spending on it becomes worse as it goes from the equivalent of 3 Marriott points per dollar on everything to just 2 Marriott points per dollar. That makes the SPG card no longer the card to use for non-bonus spend.
At the same time, it does have that anniversary free night when it never did before – and the annual fee of $95 does not change (since going up last year). I would imagine that would help this card to pay for itself.
If you are trying to get as many SPG/Marriott points as possible for the sweet redemptions at the new top tier categories before January, I would go for this card. Also, Amex Offers can be a big help with any Amex card and you may be able to earn some points if they open the referral program again.
If you were going to go for one, either personal or business, I would suggest considering the business one. They have the same annual fee and you will end up getting more points with this one.
HT: Doctor of Credit
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.