When it comes to airline status match/challenge promotions, they can be quite lucrative in terms of savings for add-ons or flight changes. JetBlue has offered such a challenge/match promo the last couple/few years and they are back at it again. If you have elite status with another airline, it may prove helpful to match over to JetBlue, especially if you are able to complete the challenge. That way, you could keep JetBlue status all the way through 2018!
Match Elite Status to JetBlue’s Mosaic Status
As status goes, this is not something that many people may get excited about, but if you have travel on JetBlue coming up, you might as well get it! Here are some of the things I like about what they offer their Mosaic members (see this page for all the details):
- Change and cancellation fees will be waived for Mosaic members and others on their itinerary
- Cut down on the time it takes to get to your gate with complimentary access to an expedited security line
- Early Boarding – Be among the first to board and get early access to overhead bin space
- 2 Bags Free – The Mosaic member and others on their itinerary can check both the first and second bags for free
- Earn additional 3 points per dollar on your JetBlue flight for a total of at least 9 points per dollar when booked on jetblue.com
Matching to Mosaic Elite Status
Here is how you can match to Mosaic elite status.
- You must be a TrueBlue member. If you are not a TrueBlue member,
sign up for free at jetblue.com/trueblue.
- You must be currently enrolled in one of the following airline loyalty programs
with the specified status:
- Virgin America®: Elevate® Silver, Elevate® Gold
- Alaska Airlines®: Mileage Plan™ MVP® Gold or MVP® Gold 75k
- American Airlines®: AAdvantage Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum Pro®, AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
- Delta®: SkyMiles Medallion® Silver, Gold, Platinum or Diamond
- Southwest Airlines®: Rapid Rewards® A-List Preferred or Companion Pass
- United®: MileagePlus® Premier® Silver, Gold, Platinum or Premier1K®
- Go to this website to enter your info and image of your elite status in the competing program
That’s it! Just wait for the confirmation of your new Mosaic elite status! If you are matched, you will receive the status through the rest of 2017. Plus, you will be enrolled in a challenge to retain it for all of 2018 as well. See the next section for the Challenge information.
They dropped Emirates from their list of matching airlines this year.
Challenge for Mosaic Elite Status
If you do not have elite status with another airline, you can still challenge for Mosaic elite status. This is helpful if you want to get some elite status and possibly match it to another airline at a later time. Here is what you need to do to fulfill the challenge:
- Register from now until August 14, 2017
- You will have 90 calendar days to earn 3,750 base flight points
- Status earned through the challenge will give you Mosaic through 2018
- Base flight points are the 3 points per $1 you earn on the base fare of your JetBlue-operated flight (so a total of $1,250 on airfare)
- Sign up here
Elite status is a great tool and can be a big cost-saver as well. JetBlue is again offering a match and a challenge to their Mosaic elite status. If you have status with a competing airline listed above, you will be able to match to Mosaic elite status and enjoy it for the rest of 2017. You can also work to fulfill the challenge for 2018. Or, you can do the challenge if you do not have status at all.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.