Easily, one of the best elite status challenges around was the Hyatt Diamond Challenge. It was quite lucrative giving customers who enrolled in the challenge Diamond status for the duration of the challenge as well as the very-valuable 4 Diamond Suite Upgrades.
Obviously, with an offer so generous, there were many who did the challenge simply to get the Diamond benefits (such as free breakfast, suite upgrades, late checkout, etc) just to use for a vacation trip with no intention of trying to complete the 12 nights necessary for completing the challenge. So, last October, this challenge was pulled.
It came back in a limited form at the start of the year but you had to be nominated for it by a Hyatt hotel and the Diamond status was not an instant thing – you did not earn the status unless you completed the challenge.
The Hyatt Diamond Tier Offer
Fortunately, the Hyatt Diamond Challenge (or Tier Offer) has again become publicly available, but has been geared to reward only those who are really trying for Diamond status. Here is what it looks like:
- Will be awarded Platinum status at the beginning of the Tier Offer (instead of Diamond in the past)
- If you stay 6 nights in the 60 day trial period, you will remain as a Platinum member (which the Hyatt credit card already gives)
- If you stay 12 nights in the 60 day trial period, you will receive Diamond status through February 28, 2017.
- You will receive 1,000 points for each of the first 6 nights for a total of 6,000 points
- Must register between June 1 – and April 30, 2016 for this Tier Offer
- Call Hyatt’s Global Contact Center to request the Tier Offer
So, this offer loses the previous benefits of Diamond up front and the Diamond Suite Upgrades, but, unlike the last Challenge, you will not need to prove elite status in another program. It is a fair offer all things considered and still gives you the opportunity to get Diamond staying only 12 nights instead of the 50 required otherwise (or 25 stays).
Given the fact that this offer has changed its name and terms, it is reasonable to assume that this offer would be available to those customers who have signed up for the Challenge in the past. Just take note that if you apply after your status expires next year, you will only have the status until the end of February of 2017 – just a year.
Don’t Forget Points+Cash!
To maximize your efforts for this offer, consider using Points+Cash reservations as they are eligible rates and you can get your nights at many hotels much cheaper.