This is a great Southwest sale for one key reason – it is bookable through October 1 (with blackouts for summer months). With prices starting at $44 for one way travel, this is a great time to check out the deals available and to start booking travel for most of 2019!
Great Southwest Sale for Travel Through October 1 From $44
Southwest Sale Details:
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from March 5 through March 7, 2019, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Continental U.S. travel valid March 26 through June 12, 2019, and August 20 through October 1, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 23 through May 16, 2019, and September 4 through October 1, 2019.
- International travel valid April 23 through May 16, 2019, and August 20 through October 1, 2019.
- Blackout dates: Domestic and San Juan, Puerto Rico travel blacked out May 23-24, May 27, August 30, September 2, 2019.
Yes, you will notice a large hole in the validity dates of June 13 through August 19. However, I did some random searching of city pairs and found that those dates still have low ticket prices similar to the other dates. So, make sure you check around if you need July and August!
Book With Southwest Points For Good Value
With point prices starting from only 1,300+ for the cheapest city pair, you can get a great value in your points. The cheapest tickets can give you a point value of over cents per point – very good for Southwest! So, while you check out the cash prices, don’t forget to look at point costs as well.
By booking the cheapest tickets, you can get some insane value out the best Southwest card offers! See how you could get over $1,300 in value from a single Southwest card offer!
Don’t forget to check your current reservations, thanks to the friendly Southwest cancellation and change policy!
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.