The American Express Green Card may not be a card you are familiar with – and that is a good thing! It means you likely have not had it before so it is an easy path to grab 45,000 Membership Reward points from!
45,000 Amex Points with Amex Green Card
Edit: Some people are only seeing 30K points when clicking the link below. So, try to open it in a private browser session (using Google Incognito or Safari Private browser) to see if that works. Even doing that, at least one person is still seeing just 30K so maybe even try a different computer or your smartphone.
Link: American Express Green Card (this is a personal referral offer that will give us points if you are approved)
This card starts out with a $150 annual fee but if you value Membership Reward points, that is basically like spending $150 to buy 45,000 American Express Membership Reward points. I call that a deal!
Beyond that, here are the details of what this card gives you:
- Earn 45,000 Membership Reward points when you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months
- Earn 3X points on restaurants (takeout and delivery), transit (rideshare, subway, tolls, and ferry rides), and travel
- No foreign transaction fees
- Plus, until December 2020, earn up to $10 back per month in statement credits when you use the card for wireless telephone services purchased directly from the U.S. service provider (that would equal $50 in statement credits)
- $100 Credit per year for CLEAR membership (in the form of statement credits)
- $100 credit for lounge access through LoungeBuddy (each year in the form of statement credits)
- Annual fee: $150
As you can see, it is actually a nice, mid-tier card for someone that does some travel. Not only will you earn 3X Amex points on travel, but you also get credit for CLEAR and lounges (up to $100 each per year) that can help if you value either/both of those.
But, the real headliner is the 45,000 Membership Reward points. If you value them at close to 2 cents per point like I do, that is getting close to $900 in value from the bonus (minus the $150 from the annual fee so like $750). Aeroplan is launching a new program in November (more on that shortly) but, 55,000 Amex points is enough for western Europe to the US in business class – either way.
Getting the 45,000 Point Offer
To get this offer, you need to go through a referral link (like above or here) or sometimes in a private browser. To get it through the link above, you will need to next follow the instructions below in the image. Just a couple of steps and you increase the offer by 15,000 points!
Once you are click those steps, you will scroll down to see the Amex Green Card offer. There are some other nice offers there as well so feel free to shop around! 🙂
Feel free to leave your referral offers below as well and I can cycle them through the links above!