One of my favorite uses for SPG Starpoints is with the SPG Moments packages (which will not be going away when everything finally goes Marriott – good news!). Yes, they can be pricey (in points) but they give you a chance to enjoy experiences that would otherwise cost a lot of money or be inaccessible by anyone. Check out this incredible 1 million Starpoint package won by Dan from DansDeals last year for an example.
Fantastic SPG Moments Package for Hawaii
Another part of the SPG Moments packages that lend a lot of value is the ability to get some nice hotel stays at a big discount from what it might normally cost. This is one of those things that can give a value for your Starpoints that you may not otherwise see.
This SPG Moments package is the perfect one for anyone wanting to head to Hawaii and check out a new property. There is a lot to the “VIP” part of this package that could give a great deal!
Here is what is included in this SPG Moments package:
- Five (5) nights for up to six (6) people in a three-bedroom oceanfront villa
- One Jeep Rental car through Avis for six (6) days
- Cultural welcome by Director of Culture with a welcome gift
- Custom lei ceremony
- In-villa private dinner with custom menu designed for guests by Executive Chef, Ikaika Manaku, with Hawaiian influence for six (6) guests
- Signature Nanea Spa treatment in villa for six (6) guests
- Unlimited access to on-site cultural activities
- Daily poolside bungalow for up to six (6) guests with personalized daily refreshments
- Private sunrise outrigger canoe paddle for six (6) guests
- 50,000 Starpoints are included and to be used towards booking airfare on SPG Flights
- Location: Ka‘anapali, Maui, Hawaii, United States
- Event Start Date and Time: 15 Apr 2017 at 12:00 PM HADT
- End Date: 24 Mar 2017 – 11:00 AM EDT
- Starting Bid: 50,000 Starpoints
- Bid Increment: 500 Starpoints
- Current High Bid: 51,500 Starpoints
The Value of this SPG Moments Package
This is a fantastic package! For starters, the 5 nights in a three-bedroom oceanfront villa costs $6,800! Next, a rental Jeep from Avis for 6 days costs $450 for nearby dates. I am not sure about the other activities and what prices would be placed on those but I am guessing they would total almost $1,000 (at least). Finally, you will get 50,000 additional Starpoints! Of course the bidding will go up, but I find it funny that the current bid is only 51,000 points. 🙂
If you were to value your Starpoints at 2.2 cents per point, this package would be worth at least 450,000 Starpoints – and that is not even taking into account the 50,000 bonus Starpoints you would get! If you could get this package for 280,000 Starpoints, you would essentially receive a “rebate” of the 50,000 points to bring the total down to 230,000 Starpoints. At that amount, this package would give you a value of 4 cents per Starpoint. Not bad! My guess is that the package will go for around 400,000 Starpoints but I could be surprised!
If you want to head to Hawaii with family/friends, this seems like a great way to do it. Now the question is just how many SPG Starpoints you have! If you have others in your household at the same address with points, quickly start the transfer to a single account as you can get those in about 5 days or less.