SPG Starpoints have a lot of value because they can be used for everything from gift cards to high end hotels to high end experiences. If you are always wanted a fantastic NBA experience, here is your chance to use your Starpoints for it!
Use Points for the Ultimate NBA All-Star Experience
There are several packages for this Ultimate NBA All-Star experience and the bidding continues to climb. But, if you have the Starpoints, this could be a great use of those points! Let’s see what you get for winning this ultimate NBA All-Star package.
- Two (2) tickets to the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game on Friday, 17 February 2017
- Two (2) tickets to NBA All-Star Practice on Saturday, 18 February 2017
- Two (2) tickets to State Farm All-Star Saturday Night on Saturday, 18 February 2017
- Two (2) tickets to the NBA D-League All-Star Game presented by Kumho Tire on Saturday, 18 February 2017
- Two (2) tickets to the NBA All-Star Game 2017 on Sunday, 19 February 2017
- Four-night (4-night) stay at The Saint, Autograph Collection, 16-20 February 2017
- Two (2) round trip domestic air tickets to New Orleans International Airport
The lowest package available currently is at 120,000 Starpoints. At a 2 cent per point valuation, that would mean, right now, that it is valued at $2,400. I think that would be a great value of the points right now considering that 4 nights at The Saint (a Marriott property, by the way) would cost over $1,000 just by itself. Then, you can include 2 domestic tickets into it and that cost could widely vary but could be seen as a $600 value. Now, we are at $1,600 and that does not even include any of the tickets to the events!
Cost for Event Tickets
- The Celebrity game tickets are currently selling for $240 each
- All-Star practice tickets can be purchased for as low as $29 each
- The All-Star Saturday night tickets are currently at $420 each
- The actual NBA All-Star game tickets are selling for a minimum of $585 each.
- Minimum Total Value – $1,853 for two people
When we add all of the minimum costs together, we are looking at a package value of around $3,400. That’s not too bad! If you are an NBA fan, this may be a package you want to bid on!
Heading to New Orleans? Check out this Great Runs page to find the best places to run in the city!
Bidding for the Ultimate NBA All-Star Package
- Ending time – 11:00AM EST February 3
- Lowest price – 120,500 Starpoints
- Dates for package – February 16-20, 2017
Do keep in mind that if a bid is entered in the last 5 minutes, the auction gets extended another 5 minutes.
Do you plan on bidding on the Ultimate NBA All-Star package?
If you do not currently have Starpoints from SPG and wish to take advantage of a package like this in the future, consider applying for the American Express SPG card to get started earning those points!