On the heels of IHG’s generous dining promotion comes a nice one from United. If you are a cardholder or an elite member, you can get a little bit more but everyone can still pick up at least a couple of thousand United miles by having a meal out.
Earn Up To 7,000 United Miles By Dining
United loaded a new promotion last week and it is a pretty good one. If you are not into the dining for points yet, this is a good time to jump in. It is very basic and works like this:
- you sign up for the program (no cost)
- you register your credit cards (any credit cards)
- you eat out and earn miles (at restaurants that are in the program and can be found at the website)
To get the full 7,000 United miles, you will need to be an elite member or have a United credit card. Here is how the miles are earned:
- Get 2,000 United miles for signing up, spending at least $30 at a participating restaurant, and filling out a review within the first 30 days of signing up (1,000 miles for non-elite members or non-United credit cardholders)
- Get an additional 1,000 miles for spending $100 at restaurants
- Get an additional 1,500 miles for spending $250 at restaurants
- Get an additional 2,500 miles for spending $500 at restaurants
Those are cumulative spending numbers so spending $500 at restaurants within 60 days will earn elites/cardholders 7,000 United miles and non-elite/non-cardholders 6,000 United miles. Sure, the eating spend is a little high for the occasional diner, but if you have business meals or family get togethers, just be the one offering to put it on your card and split up the tab later!
You must register a dining profile and that can be done here (for elite members/cardholders) or here (for non-elites/non-cardholders). Make sure you read the details at those links as well to be sure you know which restaurants are participating and if there is any fine print for those locations.