To celebrate on of United’s newest routes, United is awarding up to 5,000 United miles when you fly from Singapore to San Francisco roundtrip.
Up to 5,000 United Miles Flying Singapore to San Francisco
Yes, this promo involves travel that begins in Singapore and is a roundtrip flight to the US. While that may not be something that many of us will be looking for, it is something to be aware of to help earn the most miles possible.
If you have travel to Singapore this year, consider only booking a one way ticket (award or revenue) and then using this bonus as an opportunity to purchase a roundtrip on United.
After a quick search, I am seeing tickets in the qualifying fare class (these are K class tickets) for $970+. While these are not the cheapest tickets to the US from Singapore, it can help you with your elite qualifying (this will earn you almost 17,000 elite miles) and this bonus gives you an extra 3,000 miles. Since award miles earned on United are now based on cost of the ticket, this can essentially double your award miles earned (depending on your elite status). That is not bad!
If you fly a business class ticket, you will earn 5,000 award miles. Most economy tickets will earn 3,000 miles so I would certainly not buy a business class ticket just for the extra 2,000 bonus miles!
Details (bolding mine):
- Offer valid only for MileagePlus members.
- To qualify for the offer, members must:
- Complete registration on united.com prior to booking paid qualifying travel.
- Book a paid qualifying roundtrip flight from Singapore to the USA via the nonstop route between Singapore (SIN) and San Francisco (SFO) on or before 30 June 2016. Connections through San Francisco and Singapore are allowed, however, the bonus is only valid for qualifying travel between Singapore and San Francisco.
- Travel must begin on or after 3 June 2016 and be completed on or before 31 December 2016.
- Offer is only valid on flights marketed and operated by United® and is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- On paid qualifying flights, members can earn:
- 3,000 bonus miles for roundtrip flights in United Economy fare classes Y, B, M, H, U, Q, V, S, W, L and K.
- 5,000 bonus miles for roundtrip flights in United Business fare classes J, C, D, Z and P.
- For roundtrip flights with differing cabins, bonus will be awarded per segment at 1,500 bonus miles in United Economy and 2,500 bonus miles in United Business.
- Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier® status and do not apply to class-of-service bonus miles, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles.
- Roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city. Open jaw and circle trip itineraries do not qualify for this offer.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Offer is not combinable with other offers.
- Registered members can earn the bonus an unlimited number of times in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The member’s MileagePlus® account number must be included on each reservation and flight activity must be posted to the member’s account in order to qualify for this offer.
- MileagePlus members flying on award travel are not eligible for the offer.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- E-Ticket purchase is required. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change without notice.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Miles accrued, awards, and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program, including without limitation the Premier® program (the “MileagePlus Program”), which are expressly incorporated herein. United may change the MileagePlus Program including, but not limited to, rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers or terminate the MileagePlus Program at any time and without notice. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products or services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward qualification for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the MileagePlus Program. All calculations made in connection with the MileagePlus Program, including without limitation with respect to the accumulation of mileage and the satisfaction of the qualification requirements for Premier status, will be made by United Airlines and MileagePlus in their discretion and such calculations will be considered final. Information in this communication that relates to the MileagePlus Program does not purport to be complete or comprehensive and may not include all of the information that a member may believe is important, and is qualified in its entirety by reference to all of the information on the united.com website and the MileagePlus Program rules. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks. For complete details about the MileagePlus Program, go to united.com/mileageplus
While this promo certainly is not for everyone, if the travel suits your needs for this year, it is worth taking advantage of this opportunity to pick up a few more miles. At the very least, register now in case you find that you are able to take advantage of this promo.