Believe it or not, I have stayed at quite a few Best Western hotels in my life! Not only can they be extremely convenient but they can also be quite cheap! Plus, there’s nothing quite like dashing out the door with a bowl of free fruit loops in the morning. 🙂
Earn 1,000 AA Miles for Each Best Western Stay
Link: 1,000 AA Miles Promo
Truthfully, Best Western properties are all over and typically in many locations that may not sport the nicer hotels we like to spend our points on. When traveling, that means they can come in handy. Not only that, but Best Western hotels in other countries, especially in some places like Europe, are actually a bit more upscale and can be a really nice place to stay.
If you find yourself staying near a Best Western in the next couple of months, this latest promo from American Airlines may come in handy for you. Here are the details on how you can earn 1,000 AA miles per stay at Best Western properties – with no cap.
AA Promo Details (bolding mine):
- Best Western Rewards members who:
- (a) have chosen American Airlines AAdvantage® miles as their earning preference
- (b) register for the Promotion between May 1, 2017, and July 2, 2017 (“Promotion Period”)
- (c) book a reservation for an Eligible Stay* at any Best Western® branded hotel during the Promotion Period
- (d) complete the Eligible Stay* during the Promotion Period, will earn 750 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage® miles (“Bonus Miles”) for each Eligible Stay.
- BEST WESTERN REWARDS ENROLLMENT (EXISTING OR NEW), PROMOTION REGISTRATION, AND SELECTION OF AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE® PROGRAM AS EARNING PREFERENCE REQUIRED PRIOR TO THE FIRST ELIGIBLE STAY. Enrollment in the Best Western Rewards Program and registration for the Promotion can be completed at here.
- There is no limit on the number of Bonus Miles that may be earned by a Best Western Rewards member during the Promotion Period. Bonus Miles are awarded in addition to the 250 base miles awarded for each Eligible Stay.
- An “Eligible Stay” for the purpose of the Promotion is defined as any stay (i.e., one or more consecutive nights at the same Best Western branded hotel), with the exception of a stay booked through an online travel agency, a stay booked through a tour operator, and a stay booked at a special discounted rate (see Best Western Rewards program rules for further information on eligibility criteria).
- Only one (1) check-in/check-out permitted per stay.
- Eligible Stays which takes place during the Promotion Period but which have a check-in or a check-out date that overlaps with the beginning or the ending of the Promotion Period will be counted towards the Promotion.
The Short Version
So, basically, a stay is any reservation of one or more nights. You must book with Best Western without any special discounted rate (such as some government rate, etc). You will need to register for this promo and have selected AA as your earning partner. This way, you will automatically earn 250 miles for every stay but this promo (running from May 1 – July 2) will give you an additional 750 miles per stay for a total of 1,000 AA miles per stay.
This promo won’t be for everyone but if you have some hotel stays coming up, this promo may be reason enough to check the nearest Best Western where you will be staying. Particularly if you are going to be in and out. AA miles are not what they used to be but this is still a nice bonus offer to add more miles to your account.