I wrote about the nice increased offers on the Delta Amex cards last week and they are certainly something to consider, not just for travel on Delta, but on their many partners as well.
The Platinum Delta Business Card 60,000 Mile Offer
Disclosure: I do NOT receive a commission for this card.
The increased offer is on a total of 4 cards – two personal and two business. There has been some confusion by a few people who have contacted me because they are seeing a lot about three of the cards but not the fourth card offer. So, to make it clear, here is the link for the increased offer on the Platinum Delta Business card from Amex.
- Spend $2,000 on your card in 3 months and receive 60,000 Skymiles (for award travel) and 10,000 MQMs (which count towards elite status – 25,000 MQMs needed in a calendar year for the entry level, Silver Elite status).
- Receive a $100 statement credit when you make a Delta purchase with the card within the first 3 months (in the past, purchasing gift cards from Delta has triggered this as well if you do not currently have travel planned)
- Annual Fee – $195 (not waived the first year)
- Card bonus not available on the personal card for those customers who have had this card in the last 12 months.
- Offer expires June 30, 2015
I consider all four increased offers to be very good but if you value elite status at all with Delta, the Platinum cards are a no-brainer. Since you can only get one personal bonus per product in a lifetime, this would be a good time to take advantage of the Delta Personal Platinum card as it is one of the highest bonus amounts ever.
When it comes to the business cards, as long as you have not had the card in at least 12 months, you are free and clear to go ahead and apply again. So, if you cancelled the Delta Business Platinum Amex card at least 12 months ago, I would definitely consider jumping on this particular offer.
Are The Miles Worth It?
Delta miles are still an airline currency that can get you all over the US or the world. If you do not mind in which class you travel, they will certainly get you far – just this single offer will get you a roundtrip award ticket to Europe from the US! If business class is more your style, applying for both the Delta Platinum cards (personal and business) will get you just about enough miles for a roundtrip business class ticket to Europe and more than enough for a one way business class ticket anywhere Delta or their partners fly.