Chalk this one up to a forgetfulness of time zones when I planned this post yesterday! Hopefully, if you are interested in a good deal, you will notice this and take advantage of this SPG Moments auction before it is too late!
Bid Now for this SPG Deal in Abu Dhabi
As is the case with many SPG Moments auctions, there are often hotel stays included that can be completely worth the points cost – even if the headline event(s) does not interest you! In this case, there are 4 nights at the Le Meridien hotel included which could be nice if you have travel planned through Abu Dhabi or would like to consider it.
SPG Moments Auction Details
- Access for two (2) to the exclusive three-day (3-day) Triscape Swimming Camp with Olympians Keri-Anne Payne and David Carry at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi 13-15 October 2016
- Four-night (4-night) stay for two (2) in a Royal Club Room with access to the Club Lounge and Eden SPA at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi, checking in on 12 October and checking out 16 October 2016
- All meals throughout the camp for two (2) at Latest Recipe restaurant at Le Méridien Abu Dhabi
- Two (2) hour-long private training sessions for two (2) with Keri-Anne Payne and David Carry during the camp
- Two (2) Triscape Swimming Camp gift bags
- SPG Moments Auction link
This auction ends at 7AM EDT so you better be ready if you are interested! At the time of this post, there have only been 2 bids on it and it is sitting at 21,500 Starpoints.
The Le Meridien Abu Dhabi would normally require 7,000 Starpoints per night but I would not pay that for this time of year. It is possible to get this same room for $138 per night so that would be a better deal. For the whole 4 night stay, it would cost $678 just for the room. The best way would be the Cash and Points at 3,500 points and $55 per night
On top of that, you also get all your meals through the camp and the training from the Olympic swimmers. If you are a swimmer, this part could be very interesting and valuable for you. Not being a swimmer, I am not sure what the price for a camp like this would be but I am going to guess at least $500? You can view the full itinerary here.
Add that with the other inclusions and the room and you are looking at about $1,300 for the package. With the present price of 21,500 Starpoints, that is getting 6 cents per point. Not a bad value!
Anyway, if you are a swimmer, this should be an excellent deal for you – especially at the current low cost in Starpoints. Check it out!
If you need to get to or from there, check for the A380 availability to and from New York with Etihad! The Apartments are fantastic! 🙂 Plus, there actually is availability from Abu Dhabi to New York in the Apartments for two – 115,000 AA miles per person.