In what must be the shortest limited-time offer sign-up bonus ever, the Hilton Surpass 100,000 point offer makes a return! If you are one of the few people that have never had this card, it could be a good time to sign-up and get some Hilton points!
Read More: 3 Reasons to Love Hilton Honors
Hilton Surpass 100,000 Point Offer Returns
Here are the terms for this offer:
- Earn 100,000 Hilton points after spending $3,000 in 3 months
- Earn 12 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands‡
- Earn 6 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations‡
- Earn 3 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card‡
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton HHonors Gold status with your Card. ‡
- Annual Membership Fee: $75 (not waived the first year)
- Not eligible for the bonus if you have or have ever had this card
- Application must be received by 7/27/2017
What Can You Do With 100K Hilton Points?
100K Hilton points is a lot of points. Of course, it does not possess the same value as the 80,000 points that used to be offered with the IHG card (simply because of IHG’s Point Break lists), but you can still do a lot with this many points. For starters, many of the category 3 and 4 hotels offer exceptional value at the best bang for the point. There are a lot of those category hotels around the country so the 100,000 points could really help you there. see this post on why hilton is my pick for mid-tier hotels in the us.
These points could also serve as a reserve account for when you need to stay at a hotel and rates are high. Since there are so many Hilton hotels around the world, you can be assured that there will be one where you need to be almost all of the time. One such scenario would be airports. I had a similar experience this year when a trip came up last minute that had me staying overnight in Chicago. I used 40,000 points to stay at the hilton in chicago’s o’hare airport. Incredibly convenient and saved me over $300.
Want a great value with these points? using points for all-inclusive resorts – hilton edition
One of my favorite uses for Hilton points is all-inclusive resorts. I have stayed at a few all-inclusives now and my last one was completely on Hilton points at only 50,000 points per night. That was an exceptional value for what we got to enjoy.
Unfortunately, this offer does not have the free anniversary night after the first year like the last offer did. But, you would not get that until the second year and you would have had to pay a second $75 annual fee so it may not have been for everyone.
Hilton points have taken a hit this year with some of the new program moves but I still consider them to be quite valuable, if only for the size of the Hilton footprint. If you have never had the Hilton Surpass card, it could be a good time to sign-up .
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.