Here is a summary of the posts from the week. This week went by very fast – I honestly cannot believe that we are about to enter October! The best part about that is the cool weather since this summer was waayy too hot for me!
Good Deals Still Alive – For Now
Here are some good deals that are still alive but will expire soon.
- Citi’s Hilton Visa for 75,000 points – a great deal that is set to expire tomorrow. It has no annual fee and 75,000 Hilton HHonor points will get you a long way at the low/mid level Hilton hotels.
- Gift cards still available on eBay – if you have not taken advantage of the gift cards at eBay that are on sale (like the great deal on Staples cards, iTunes cards, Best Buy cards, eBay cards, and more), get on that before they go away!
- Business class tickets on AA and BA from the US to Europe for $2,000 and less – with hotels!
- Rocket City Marathon registration going up – the Rocket City Marathon (review), run in Huntsville, AL, is a fantastic marathon! Takes place December 12th. Current fee is $75 and will go up October 1.
- Last days for Amex Membership Reward transfers to British Airways at 1:1 ratio.
- Great deal on Garmin Forerunner watches – with an extra 30% off!
- $15 and $30 deals with Visa Checkout and popular Chase cards – one expires soon!
Miles, Points, Travel
- The Incredible Presidential Suite At The Grand Hyatt Santiago – this is definitely the nicest hotel room I have ever been in at a chain hotel. It is an amazing suite for sure!
- Better Chase Ink Offers (60K and 30K) And What Has Changed – there have been some changes with Chase and their card approval strategy since this last hike on the Ink bonuses. Find out about that and this nice bump!
- Earn Up To 125,000 AA Miles or Avios On Flights To Europe – if you are going to take advantage of the above business class deal to Europe or other great deals, you can pickup 25,000 miles extra per trip!
- 2 Different British Airways Credit Card Offers – Which One? With the increase on the British Airways card offer comes an annual fee so find out which card offer is best.
- Guide To Transferring Hotel Points Between Accounts – If you have family or friends with hotel points and you want to transfer them, here is all the information you need to know for those transfers.
- Chain Hotel vs Local Lodging – The Familiar vs the Cultural – When we travel, we have many options with where we stay. Here are some thoughts on whether to choose chain or more local.
- An Easy Way To See If You Are Targeted For The IHG 80,000 Point Offer – The IHG 80,000 point offer is one of the best hotel credit card offers around. Here is how to find out if you are targeted.
- 2 Months Left To Keep Easy Star Alliance Gold Status w/ Miles+Bonus – The popular Aegean status that so many US flyers held for a few years is due to expire soon. Find out about the new plan that was put in place last year and what you need to requalify.
- My Best Flight Ever – Etihad First Class Apartment From Abu Dhabi – Sydney – Having flown this aircraft once before, I was really looking forward to this flight, and it passed my already-high expectations!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.