Last year, I wrote about how Amazon Prime had become more valuable for several cities by offering same-day delivery. Now, they have expanded that Same-Day delivery service for Amazon Prime members to reach 27 cities total. Find out what you should know about this service!
Amazon Prime Same-Day Delivery Now Reaches 27 Cities
Here are the cities that the Amazon Prime Same-Day delivery service is now available:
- Dallas / Ft. Worth
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- North & Central New Jersey
- San Diego
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Seattle / Tacoma
- Tampa Bay Area
- Washington, D.C.
To find out if your address is in the area, check your zip code here. This is a great service and certainly very helpful to all Amazon Prime members in these areas.
Since the major cities this is present in are places where it may take some time and transport to get to various stores where people may want to shop for a particular item, having this new same day service is sure to be a big help. Imagine if you are headed out on a trip the next day? In such a case, overnight is not soon enough so this new same-day service is perfect.
Details About Same-Day Delivery
That they do not charge on orders over $35 (it does not have to be a single item – it is for orders over $35) really does increase the value of Prime since even overnight shipping costs from $3.99.
- Ordering at least $35 of items with the FREE Same-Day icon:
- Placing orders before the Same-Day Delivery order cutoff time (typically noon); orders placed after the cutoff qualify for FREE One-Day Shipping.
- Selecting Same-Day at checkout, and shipping to a residential address within an eligible zip code.
- Make sure your address can receive Prime FREE Same-Day. Ensure that a) you are signed into your Prime account, b) you have set a default address for your account, c) this address is residential, and d) this address is within an eligible zip code for Prime FREE Same-Day delivery. You can set or update your default shipping address within the Your Account menu.
- Find eligible items by searching or filtering. While shopping, look for items that display the “Prime FREE Same-Day” or “Prime FREE One-Day” icon. Or, perform a search and then choose the “Prime FREE Same-Day” or “Prime FREE One-Day” checkbox within the filter menu.
- Meet the $35 order minimum. Add at least $35 of Same-Day-eligible products to your Shopping Cart. Note that only items with the Same-Day or One-Day icon count towards the $35 minimum.
- Select Same-Day at checkout. Proceed to checkout. Select FREE Same-Day Delivery (or FREE One-Day Delivery if it’s after the order cutoff time) as your shipping option.
- Receive your products. The shipping discount will be reflected in the Order Summary. Your products will be delivered by 9 p.m. local time.
One more great thing is that Amazon says that Same-Day delivery is available 7 days a week except for some holidays or high volume shopping days (any guesses which days that could be?).
Would this feature in your city be enough to encourage you to get Amazon Prime?