Uber always has referral offers which are great for the new rider and the referrer. But, codes for existing customers as well can be few and far between. Fortunately, American Express and Uber have teamed up to offer a great deal for those travelers that need rides from several airports.
2 Free Uber Rides from Several Airports – Up to $65 Each
Here are the details of this new promotion (bolding mine):
- To redeem offer, you must apply the promo code AMEXAIRPORT in the promotions tab of your Uber app prior to requesting the Uber ride.
- Rides must originate at one of the following airports:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Newark International Airport (EWR)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- George Bush Intercontinental (IAH)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- This means that you must enter the airport name in the pick-up location in the Uber app when requesting your rides.
- You must pay for rides with an American Express® Credit or Charge Card;
- Prepaid Cards not eligible for offer.
- The discount will not apply to previously taken Uber rides.
- New and existing Uber users are eligible.
- Uber will apply discount of up to $65 at the point of sale.
- Limit 2 discounted rides total per Uber account.
- If the cost of a ride is less than $65, you will only receive a discount of the cost of a ride and you will not receive the difference between the cost of a ride and $65. If the cost of a ride is more than $65, the remaining balance of the cost will be charged to your Card. The discounted cost of a ride will be displayed on your post-ride email receipt. Fulfillment of this offer is the sole responsibility of Uber.
- Offer may not be combined with any other offers. If ride is eligible for another promotion that you have added to your Uber account, only the most recently added promotion will be applied to the ride.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must complete rides by 12/31/16.
- Promo Link
This is really a great deal! Uber is an incredibly efficient way to get around and this includes for airport travel. I prefer Uber, for example, for LaGuardia Airport and just used it a couple of weeks ago. The bill was only $28 which worked great for the time I had and the luggage with me.
This can be very valuable since it can be quite expensive for some of the airports on the list. Here is an example of a ride from JFK to Manhattan:
As you can see, an Uber X trip would be around $60 – $70 – depending on traffic, of course. That is pretty good considering you would get $65 off of that!
It does say enrollment is limited so try to take advantage of it soon. I just wish it was in effect last week when I was heading from several of these airports!
Featured Image: Courtesy of MAHATHIR MOHD YASIN | Shutterstock.com