Milepoint is an online forum for travelers and it has a very dedicated staff that works hard to bring great promotions. Last year, they unveiled a membership package that gave some amazing benefits at a cost of $49 for one year. This year, they have worked in even more offers and kept the same price. For $49, you get a Milepoint Premium membership that has many, many benefits as a result.
Here are what I consider some of the highpoints:
- Hilton HHonors Gold status – if you stay at Hilton just once or twice in the next year and do not currently have Gold status, you will definitely see the benefits of having Gold. You can read a previous post on the different hotel mid-tier status levels and notice that Hilton Gold gives you complimentary breakfast! (as well as upgrades and free internet) Breakfast can be a $20> perk so that is a great value by itself of this status! The only other way to achieve this status is by applying for a Hilton card that gives it for the first year or the Hilton Citi Reserve card (annual fee of $95), besides, you know, actually staying at Hiltons for status :). To read about Hilton HHonors Gold status, click here.
- 1,000 United MileagePlus miles – this may not sound like much, but I easily get 2 cents per mile (real value based on what I would need to pay) from my United miles so this comes to a value of $20
- Executive Club Status with National Car – I will have a post coming up soon on rental car status, but for now, having some kind of elite status with rental cars can save you a lot of money if you have to rent a car a couple of times a year. To read about National Car Rental Executive Club status, click here.
- Free Upgrade to AwardWallet Plus – this is another great perk that is very valuable to have as it will remind you of upcoming expiring points (my favorite benefit of Plus). I have written before about the incredible value of AwardWallet. To read about AwardWallet Plus, click here.
- Many, many more – in addition to these benefits, there are many more including discounts on purchasing gift cards, discounts on award searching services, and product discounts.
To read all about this offer and what you get, click here. Last year this sold out in a few days – there is a lot of value here, especially if you currently do not have elite status in the above programs. Think about and check it out. Also, 10% of this goes to various charities, including two that are very popular with running causes – LIVEStrong and Wounded Warriors.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.