Southwest and JetBlue are doing their thing again of offering sales for a season/holiday/no-good-reason-at-all sort of thing. This sale sees prices starting at $60 (from Southwest) and from $64 (from JetBlue). Like many other sales (and everday prices) that these two airlines run, these sales are good whether booked with points or cash.
While these prices are not as good as some of the lower priced sales they offer at various times of the year, it is worth taking note of in case your travel would have you flying during these times. Always nice to save a few dollars or points!
Southwest Sale On Spring Travel
The cheapest of these sale fares with Southwest is at the $60 mark or 2,930 points. That is not a bad amount for point travel! And that is not even a “hub” pricing – it is Akron, OH – Reagan National (Washington, DC). Here are details regarding the sale:
- 14-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from March 10 through March 12, 2015, 11:59 p.m. for the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Travel March 24 through June 3, 2015. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 7 through May 20, 2015.
- Travel valid only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Saturdays. Travel to/from Florida or Nevada valid only on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Fares valid on nonstop service only.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won’t be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® Fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but not guaranteed.
The great thing about Southwest is that, if you already have travel on these dates, you can cancel and rebook and the difference of the fare will be in your account for a future booking!
JetBlue’s Great Minds Fly Alike Sale
On the JetBlue side, we have a similar sale. This one starts at $29 or 3,500 TrueBlue points (which is the minimum amount of points for a redemption). While this sale starts cheaper, the $29 ticket is only available on one route – Fort Lauderdale to Jacksonville. Still, that is one great price for a flight! From there, it goes to the $49 price point and then on to $59 and above. There are some decent deals to be had if flying on some of the routes.
Here are the details for this sale:
- Fares include government taxes and fees.
- Book Mar. 10 – 11, 2015 (the earlier of 11:59 PM ET or local time).
- Travel Mar. 24 – May 27, 2015. Tuesday and Wednesday travel. Blackout dates: 3/31 – 4/8 NYC (JFK, LGA, HPN & EWR) & Washington, D.C. (IAD & DCA) & 4/21 – 4/22 BOS only.
- Different or additional day of week restrictions, travel windows, and blackout dates may apply and vary by route. Click on a fare for details.
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.