There is a new (repeat) transfer bonus here today that will give you 30% more Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles when you transfer your Membership Reward points to them!
This is great if you would like to take advantage of some great premium awards like first class on ANA to Asia or even business class to Australia! It will now require fewer Membership Reward points to make that happen when you transfer them to Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club program.
Transfer Bonus From Amex Membership Rewards to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Here are the details of this transfer bonus:
- Transferring 1,000 MR points will now equal 1,300 Flying club miles (30% bonus active)
- Minimum transfer is 1,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Redeem for this exclusive offer from 12:00 a.m. MT on May 1, 2019 to 11:59 p.m. MT on July 1, 2019, to receive 30% additional Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles
- Additional Virgin Atlantic Flying Club will be awarded at the time of transfer.
What Can You Do With Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Miles?
Virgin Atlantic actually has some attractive award partners that can help you redeem for awards all over the world. Here is a list of those partners:
- Air New Zealand
- Virgin Australia
- South African Airways
- Air China
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Jet Airways
Some of the sweet spots with Virgin Atlantic would be:
- Redeeming for first class on ANA (roundtrip) from the West Coast of the US – 110,000 miles (only 85,000 Amex MR Points!)
- Redeeming from the rest of the US would be 120,000 miles (or 93,000 Amex points)
- Search on United for the flights and then call Virgin Atlantic to book
- Redeeming for business from the US to Europe on Delta (one way) – 50,000 points (only 39,000 Amex MR points!)
- Search and book on Virgin Atlantic
- Redeeming for business from the US to New Zealand on Air New Zealand (one way) – 62,500 miles (only 49,000 Amex MR points!)
- Search on United for the flights and then call Virgin Atlantic to book *note: these can be hard to find sometimes!
- Redeeming for business from the US to Australia on Delta (one way) – 75,000 miles (only 58,000 Amex MR points!)
- These can also be hard to find but become easier to find as you get closer to depature
If you want to take advantage of these (or other sweet spots), definitely give those transfer bonus some thought! You have until July 1st to take advantage of it so that means you could do spending this month to have the points post in time to Amex (as long as your closing date is about one week before the first of July, to be safe).
Featured image courtesy of Air New Zealand