Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe transition into 2018! I hope that you have a great year of deals, travels, and memories this year!
For December, I did something that I haven’t done on this site in years – I slowed the pace waaay down! I had a lot of traveling and then we had the chance to spend a couple of weeks with family for the holidays (first time in years!) so I just went slower with posting. Also, it is quite a bit harder to have to be on NYC time! I love being 7 hours ahead as I can normally get a jump on the day by getting my posts for the day done before anyone is up!
Anyway, I have not had a roundup in quite a while so I am just picking some of the posts that are still relevant over the last couple/few weeks. Have a great rest of the day!
Miles, Points, Travel, and Deals
- Changing of the Guard? – Dustin looks at what may be the best currency and means for redeeming for travel.
- The 2017 Top 25 Hotels of the World – Where Are They? – Find out what the top 25 hotels of the world are and how cheap they can be obtained for.
- Bad News for Tech Lovers – US Airlines To Ban Some Smart Luggage – If you have a smart bag, you better be aware of these changes that are coming very soon!
- Wow: Airline Crew Says They Saw the North Korean Missile – Can you imagine being within sight range of something like this?
- Great News for the New Marriott Credit Cards and Increased Amex Bonuses Available for Some – If you want to continue to take advantage of the cards available with SPG and Marriott, this is a bit of good news!
- Star Alliance Partner Awards Now Bookable Online with Aegean Miles – This is great news for the valuable airline currency! I have already taken advantage of this feature and it works quite well for foreign partners!
- Top Sites to Search for Airfare – Find out the top sites to search for airfare and to save money on your next trips!
- Delta Is Chasing the Wrong Competition With Their Latest Fees – Delta is adding a new fare class that will charge you for your first bag on European flight. What competition are they going after with things like this?
- TSA PreCheck Would Have Worked – Except for the TSA – TSA PreCheck is a great, great program – when it works. This is one time it failed because the TSA didn’t do what they should have.
- Chase and American Express Issuing Marriott Cards, as Good as it Sounds? – Dustin looks at the news of Chase and Amex issuing Marriott cards going forward to see if it as good as it seems.
- Two Brand New, Interesting Airline Routes – Two new airline routes have launched that offer interesting point options to Hong Kong and Tahiti.
- My Lost Bag Situation Is a Very Strange One – It is now 3 weeks since this bag got lost under very strange conditions and – nothing! Now, I get to start getting reimbursed for all of the stuff I had in there. I get to see how good Emirates is with that…
- Couple Busted Running a Meth Lab In a Hotel Room – This is definitely not your standard use of a hotel room and fortunately no one was hurt with this crime.
- Emirates New First Class Suite 777 Plane Will Fly To Ryanair’s Hub – Emirates had announced their newest destination for their new First Class Suite-equipped 777 and it is the hub of Ryanair – Standsted in London.
- Wyndham Rewards: Overlooked and Underrated? – Thanks to Wyndham Rewards’ simple redemption system, not a lot of people talk about this program. Find out if you are overlooking and not rating it as high as it should be!
- Dealing with Amazon’s Giveaway Mess – A Big Headache for What Reward? – Getting a freebie in a giveaway is nice but Amazon made it really hard to actually get that reward!
- New Feature – Anyone Can Transfer Aegean Award Miles For One Low Fee! – This is a great way to merge your miles from Star Alliance flights for a small amount and then redeem for some great premium rewards!
- Couple Charged $350 By Hotel For Negative Review – Per Hotel Policy – This hotel charged a couple $350 for their negative review – and it was in line with the hotel’s policy!
- Hyatt Just Made Their Elite Levels More Valuable With New Cancellation Policy – Hyatt’s new cancellation policy rewards elites and penalizes their basic customers.
- 6 Year Blog Anniversary – How It Started – I just celebrated 6 years of writing this blog and here is a little glimpse at how this blog started.
- My Predictions for 2018 – Check out Dustin’s new predictions for 2018!
- Disney Resorts Introduce New “Do Not Disturb” Policy For Hotel Rooms for Security – Disney is introducing a new policy for guests with their “Do Not Disturb” in the name of security.
- Great News! All Hyatt Award Nights Will Count For Elite Status! – Hyatt finally joins the likes of SPG and Hilton in allowing all award nights to count for elite status.
- 6 Things I Learned from 6 Years of Blogging – I have learned a lot about blogging but here are 6 important lessons that I have learned that may help other aspiring bloggers as well. 🙂
- Two Favorite Trips of 2017 – Complete Opposites! – These are my two favorite trips of last year and they are my favorites because of who I traveled with – even with complete opposites in transportation!
- Top 10 Posts of 2017 With Some Surprises! – Here are the top 10 viewed posts of the year with some surprise appearances!
Thanks for following along this past year and I am looking forward to another year of writing! Happy New Year!
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.