Today, TripAdvisor put out their annual Top 25 Hotels of the World list. My first thought everytime I see one of these lists is trying to see which ones are bookable with points. 🙂 While the 2nd hotel on the list is a member of Ritz-Carlton and actually has the option to use points right from the hotel’s website for reservations, it does not participate in the program. Oh well!
The 2017 Top 25 Hotels of the World
So, here is a list of the top 25 hotels of the world:
- Aria Hotel Budapest by Library Hotel Collection (Budapest, Hungary)
- Mandapa, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve (Ubud, Indonesia)
- Turin Palace Hotel (Turin, Italy)
- Hotel the Serras (Barcelona, Spain)
- BoHo Prague Hotel (Prague, Czech Republic)
- Portrait Firenze (Florence, Italy)
- Shinta Mani Shack (Siem Reap, Cambodia)
- Hanoi La Siesta Hotel & Spa (Hanoi, Vietnam) – Available for under $100!!!
- Tulemar Bungalos & Villas (Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica)
- JA Manafaru (Manafaru Islands, Maldives)
- Kandolhu Maldives (North Ari Atoll, Maldives)
- Hotel Eclat Beijing (Beijing, China)
- Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel (Lance aux Epines, Grenada)
- The Tuscany (Providenciales, Turks and Caicos)
- Belmond Palacio Nazarenas (Cusco, Peru)
- The Nantucket Hotel & Resort (Nantucket, Massachusetts)
- Valle D’incanto Midscale Hotel (Gramado, Brazil)
- Lindos Blu (Lindos, Greece)
- The Leela Palace Udaipur (Udaipur, India)
- Hotel 41 (London, United Kingdom)
- Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur (Jodhpur, India)
- Hotel Estalagem St. Hubertus (Gramado, Brazil)
- The Aplina Gstaad (Gstaad, Switzerland)
- Constance Prince Maurice (Pointe de Flacq, Mauritius)
- Herods Vitalis Spa Hotel Eilat (Eilat, Israel)
Looking at the Winners
If you had me guess before I saw the list where I thought the concentration of winners would be, I would have picked Southeast Asia, India, Central America, a couple European properties, and Africa.
I was wrong on Africa (at least on the mainland, Mauritius is on the list).
There were 2 hotels in this list from Gramado, Brazil. Also, the Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur (21) actually dropped from 1st place 2 years ago!
Of course, many of these properties will be pricy but you could snag a stay at one depending on the time of year you travel there. Things like visiting some of the places in hurricane areas can get you some pretty nice prices in the September timeframe (if you wanted to travel there then!). However, some of the hotels do close down in their off-season due to very little tourist traffic.
As you can see from looking at the map above, many of the top 25 hotels are quite near water. That figures as beach holidays or water destinations seem to be high on people’s lists for vacation areas.
Just keep in mind that, even though TripAdvisor has put these hotels on their Top 25 list, you are very likely to find some equally wonderful properties nearby. At the very least, use this list to see some of the destinations for beautiful hotels and resorts, if that is your kind of vacation.
To see more of TripAdvisor’s top picks by category, visit this page.
Have you ever been to one of the hotels on this top 25 hotels in the world list?
Featured image of the Mandapa from the Mandapa Hotel
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.