Another Tuesday and another Southwest sale is back! While these tend to be pretty regular, they give all of us a great chance to book Southwest flights whenever we want and then check with each weekly sale to see if our flights have dropped in price. If they have, thanks to Southwest’s generous change policy, we can rebook and get points or credit back!
Fly Southwest from $29 With New Sale – Good for Travel into March, 2020!
Link: Southwest Sale
Here are the details of this brand new Southwest sale:
- 21-day advance purchase required for all travel except interisland Hawaii. 14-day advance purchase required for interisland Hawaii travel.
- Purchase from September 3 through September 12, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid September 24, 2019, through March 4, 2020. Orange County(SNA) travel valid January 7 through March 4, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 17, 2019, through March 4, 2020.
- Travel to/from Lihue, Kauai (LIH) and Hilo, Hawaii (ITO) valid beginning January 21, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 24 through December 5, 2019, and January 13 through March 5, 2020.
- International travel valid September 24 through December 11, 2019, and January 7 through March 5, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, November 30-December 2, December 19-23, December 26, 2019 – January 1, 2020; January 4-5, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22 through December 2, 2019 and December 19, 2019 through January 6, 2020.
Remember – Southwest is the best option for inter-Hawaii flights since these $29 fares come with 2 bags each and they work with the Southwest Companion Pass!
Yes, there are a host of blackout dates, all centering around the big holidays through the end of the year. But, that doesn’t mean you should avoid checking those dates! I have found that they still have some pretty good prices on those “blacked out dates” even if they aren’t as good as the other sale dates.
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.