Southwest Extended Their Schedule – Holidays Now Bookable!
Southwest extended their schedule today to allow bookings through January 4, 2017! That is great news for those of you who use Southwest for holiday travel. Time to book for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and any other holidays you celebrate and travel for.
Coinciding with the opening of their schedule, Southwest has also announced 5 new non-stop flights that will begin on November 6. Here are the new city pairs and their frequency:
- Washington Reagan National (DCA) – Providence, Rhode Island (PVD) – 2 daily flights
- Washington-Dulles (IAD) – Orlando, FL (MCO) – 1 daily flight
- Baltimore (BWI) – San Jose, California (SJC) – 1 daily flight
- San Jose, California (SJC) – Salt Lake City, UT (SLC) – 2 daily flights
- Kansas City, MO (MCI) – San Antonio, TX (SAT) – 1 daily flight
Finally, as was noticed a few weeks ago on Flyertalk, Southwest has made a silent devaluation to the base value of their points. It has gone from 70 points per dollar to 72 points per dollar in redemption value. This is not a deal breaker but any unannounced devaluation is never a good thing. So much for Transfarency…
Editorial Note - Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, hotel, airline, or other entity. This content has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of the entities included within the post.
Some of the links on this site are affiliate links that will support this site. Thank you for your support.