In a string of previous all-time high card offers from American Express and Chase, we now have the Marriott Business card hitting its all-time high. It is at 100,000 Marriott points which is just fantastic! Here are the details.
100,000 Marriott Points with the Marriott Business Card
The spending requirement has gone up a bit on this one, but it is in line with other business card offers ($5,000 in 3 months). Other than that, it is pretty great – a sign-up bonus of 100,000 Marriott points after meeting the minimum spending.
- Earn 100,000 Marriott points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months
- 1 free night stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year after your account anniversary
- 5 points for every $1 spent at over 4,000 Marriott® locations, including our exclusive luxury hotel partner, The Ritz-Carlton
- 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies and restaurants
- 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
- 15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary
- New! Earn Marriott Gold status after spending $50,000 in an anniversary year
- Earn 1 Elite credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases
- Annual fee of $99 not waived the first year
Marriott Gold with Spending
As you may have noticed, this Marriott business card now comes with a new way to earn Marriott Gold status. To earn it, you need to spend $50,000 in an anniversary year. This is different from some other spending requirements that go by calendar year. It is a nice new perk for those who want the status and can handle the spending! This is better than the old way which (is still available) allowed you to earn 1 elite credit for every $3,000 in spending. You start with 15 credits and then would need to spend over $100,000 to earn the rest of the credits to reach Gold status. So, this new perk is definitely a saver on spending if you use to do that!
Is This Offer Worth It?
I think this is easily the best Marriott offer available and ever available! Yes, you will need to pay the $99 but you are getting 100,000 Marriott points which gives you a lot of options for redemption. Just remember, if you have had a bonus from this card in the last 24 months and/or you currently have it open, you are not eligible for the bonus. Also, remember about the Chase 5/24 rule (even though some are still getting approved).
HT: Doctor of Credit