The Chase Ink Plus sees an increase from 50,000 points to 60,000 points normally in the spring each year. This past year, we saw it climb up to 70,000 points as well. In an off-schedule manner, Chase has decided to increase the Ink Plus bonus in February. With this increased offer, you can transfer the bonus points to United and have enough for a roundtrip award ticket to Europe from the US!
Chase Ink Plus – 60,000 Ultimate Reward Points Offer
The Chase Ink Plus Offer
Now through March 1, 2015, when you apply for the Chase Ink Plus, you will receive 60,000 Ultimate Reward points after spending $5,000 in 3 months. The card comes with an annual fee of $95 if you apply online. If you apply in a Chase branch, the annual fee is waived.
Chase Ink Plus Details
- 5x points per dollar spent at office supply stores, and cable, internet, landline, and wireless bills (up to the first $50,000 per year)
- 2x points per dollar spent on gas and hotel accommodations (up to the first $50,000 per year)
- 1 point per dollar spent on everything else with no limit on the points that can be earned
- The annual fee ($95) is not waived for the first year (unless you apply at a Chase branch)
- Ability to add employee cards with different numbers to protect the account and provide for easy sorting of transactions
- No foreign transaction fee (typically 3%)
What Can You Do With 60,000 Ultimate Reward Points?
There are a lot of things you can do with that many points! I will just cover some of them:
- Redeem for $750 in travel – if you want to, you can redeem those points through the Ultimate Rewards mall for travel at hotels, in airplanes, rental cars, and cruises for $750 in straight value
- Redeem for economy to Europe – If you transfer to United (1:1 transfer partner), you can get a round-trip award ticket to Europe in economy.
- Redeem for economy to southern South America – Again, transferring to United will get you enough for a round-trip to southern South America.
- Redeem for economy to the Caribbean or Central America – almost 2 round-trips! – That’s right! 2 roundtrips to those destinations will cost you 70,000 United miles. Once you factor in the minimum spend of $5,000, you will be 5,000 miles away from two tickets.
- Redeem for 13 one-way short-haul trips on US Airways or American Airlines – If you transfer to British Airways, you can redeem your Avios for 4,500 points on one-way short-haul (less than 650 miles) with US Airways or American Airlines. Great value here!
- Redeem for several nights at Hyatt hotels – You can transfer your points to Hyatt (another 1:1 partner) for multiple night stays at various Hyatts – 2 nights at a category 7, 3 nights at a category 5, and 5 nights at a category 3!
Questions About The Offer
What if I already have them? Can I get them again?
The language for the offer says that you are eligible to get the card again if you have not received the bonus in at least 24 months and you do not currently have the card. However, I (and many others) have had success getting the card again if it is applied for under a different business name. If you want to use a different name, you should be ok in getting the bonus a second time (or a third, fourth, etc!).
What do I need to apply for a business card?
The application will ask you for your EIN but you can use your social security number if you do not have an EIN for your business (if you are a DBA or something similar). Many people have gotten approved for all sizes of small businesses – from those who do resale to long-established businesses. If there is something you do on the side that you would like to get a card specifically for that purpose, go ahead and apply. Just be ready to answer some questions on the phone about your current business expenses and income (if you need to call in). I have talked to them before about a new business that I was just starting and honestly told them that I had not made any money yet and envisioned my expenses to be quite low for a while. I was approved.
What if I already received the bonus recently?
If you have applied for one of these cards within the last 90 days, you can message Chase to receive the extra 10,000 points. They are excellent about this! To read more about this, check out this previous post about it – here.