A new Southwest sale is here (it is a Tuesday, after all!) and there are some great prices here. Plus, you can book for travel into February, 2018!
New Southwest Sale – Travel Into February 2018
Link: New Southwest Sale
Southwest Sale Details:
- Book from August 8 through August 17, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Travel valid August 29, 2017, through February 14, 2018.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 6 through December 7, 2017, and January 16 through March 1, 2018.
- International travel valid August 29 through December 13, 2017, and January 9 through March 1, 2018.
- Blackout Dates September 1, September 4, November 21-22, November 25-27, December 26-27, December 30-31, 2017 & January 1-2,2018.
- Sale fares from international destinations blacked out November 28, 2017.
Don’t forget to check your current reservations, thanks to the friendly Southwest cancellation and change policy!
Better Sale Than It Appears!
Make sure you do not just take the prices on the sale page as the final price! When I was doing some research for this sale, I found many city pairs with prices much lower than the printed price. One instance is Atlanta – Baltimore. The listed price is $85 but many dates are available for $54.
Also, do not take the blackout dates as being firm either! Again, with the above example, the listed price of $85 is available, even on the blackout dates. So, make sure you poke around and see what the true prices are for your desired travel.
Book With Southwest Points For Good Value
Like all other Southwest sales, these cheap prices can also be used to redeem with points. For example, a $42 fare would cost 1,861 points and $5.60 – a decent value of 1.95 cents per point!
Read More: 3 Reasons Southwest Sales Are Important