Insta360 has some unique cameras in a space that many would call the “GoPro” space. That being said, Insta360’s take on cameras in this space go above and beyond what made GoPro famous and they each present something that makes them a winner in categories of their own. However, the Insta360 app is integral to the experience and, today, that app has seen some great UI updates.
New App Updates for the Insta360 App
This app update, available in the app stores of Android and Apple as of this post being published, is for use with the Insta360 GO 2, the Insta360 ONE X2, the Insta360 ONE R, and the Insta360 ONE X. Here is a quick overview at what each of these cameras offer, in case you aren’t familiar:
- Insta360 GO 2 (read the review here) – is a mini action camera that handles the go-anywhere category of things. Awesome for physical activities and travel.
- Insta360 ONE R – a modular camera that works as an action camera, a 360 camera, and a 1″ camera sensor, depending on the module you use.
- Insta360 ONE X and ONE X2 – a true 360 camera that works great for a variety of use cases and the ONE X2 comes in as a waterproof version, perfect for any activity. Also, these cameras can have the 360 footage selected to just show one area so they are almost like multiple cameras in one pocket
All the cameras above use the Insta360 App and since these are all small cameras, having a good app is critical. This big update brings the following to the app (from Insta360):
- The shooting interface now has a fresh, new design that provides a cleaner and more logical workflow.
- When exporting videos app users can now enjoy export rates up to 100% faster than before;
- Video loading times in the APP’s album have been greatly optimized, opening between 300-500% faster than before.
- Video thumbnails in the APP’s album will load up to 500% faster.
- Precise trimming of clips is now much easier;
- Navigation between albums and files is smoother;
- Multiple music tracks can be included in the same clip;
- FlashCut, the AI-powered editing tool, has been updated with 7 new templates.
The app, not something I had talked much about in my review as I was focused mainly on the camera, has an impressive array of features that lets you edit your footage right there before uploading it or downloading it or you can use Insta360’s AI editor to make a video that highlights the best parts of your video.
I am very happy that they optimized the loading times and the export times. This was one area where the app was a little laggy before but I have been playing with it for a couple of days now and it is definitely improved.
Head on over and download the update if you have one of the above cameras. It will give you an even better interaction with the footage you capture than before. Thanks to Insta360 for keeping the updates fresh and speedy!