Southwest is mixing things up a bit this week by unloading their sale prices of the week on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. That’s fine because it still gives us a chance to book new tickets or save on currently reservations with Southwest if the price has dropped!
Nationwide Southwest Sale from $49
We just had their big $49+ sale two weeks ago so if you missed that, you won’t be able to find some of the great deals in this one. Still, saving money on travel is great and the regular Southwest sales help thousands of travelers do just that.
Southwest Sale Details:
- 14-day advance purchase required for continental U.S. travel. 21-day advance purchase required for all other travel.
- Purchase from October 15 through October 17, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. travel valid October 29, 2019, through March 6, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid November 5, 2019, through March 4, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid November 5 through December 5, 2019, and January 13 through March 5, 2020.
- International travel valid November 5 through December 11, 2019, and January 7 through March 5, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, November 30-December 2, December 19-23, December 26, 2019 – January 1, 2020; January 4-5, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22-December 2, 2019 and December 19, 2019-January 6, 2020.
‘Tis the season for airline blackout dates and you can see they are out in full force for this sale. They basically cover all the expensive travel dates surrounding the major holidays in the next couple of months. So, if you want to save money and don’t care, you could always fly on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day and snag a deal!
We will mix it up a bit this time and highlight a $49 route on the eastern side of the US – Atlanta to Nashville can be had for just $49. Of course, if you are going to go island hopping in Hawaii, you can even snag those tickets for just $39 (with two bags per person, like always!).
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.
Featured image courtesy of Southwest