Southwest is back to going with their Tuesday sales and this one is good for travel deep into December. With tickets starting from just $40 for the Las Vegas – Long Beach city pair (and not much more for many Californian cities), there are some good travel deals to be had! Book new tickets or save on existing reservations!
Nationwide Southwest Sale from $40
Southwest Sale Details:
- Purchase from July 9 through July 18, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Continental U.S. and Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 3 through December 18, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 4 through December 5, 2019.
- International travel valid September 3 through December 11, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 22, November 24, November 26-27, and November 30-December 2, 2019.
- Interisland Hawaii travel blacked out November 22 through December 2, 2019.
Unlike normal Southwest sales, this one gives you 9 days to book. It is good for travel all the way into December, December 18th to be exact. We won’t see a sale that is good for the popular dates right around Christmas/New Year’s so no reason to wait for the sale calendar to extend to that.
I actually saved 2,000 points on a reservation I had already booked during the last sale so make sure you check to see what you can save with!
This leaves a lot of the calendar open for booking with this Southwest sale! I just booked a couple of flights that I had been watching as they dropped a little bit and saved me some points on the award.
Check Your Already-Booked Reservations For Price Difference
So, now is the time to search for your tickets within this sale and see if you have a better price available now than when you had booked it. If the price has dropped, you simply select to change the flight and look at the same dates and flights again. Once you go through and confirm, you will receive a refund of the difference in miles and the cash for the taxes will be transferred for the new ticket.
In 1 Minute, You Can Have Your Points Back!
The whole process takes less than 60 seconds and you could save a lot of money or points! If you had booked your ticket in the past using cash, you will receive a refund in the form of a credit that is usable for 1 year from the time you originally booked the ticket. If you booked it with points, you will receive the points back in your account for the difference.