Time to go for the awesome luggage stacking deals! If you need some new luggage as we head into the fall travel season, this could be the time to do it! You will earn a bunch of great miles, get money back, and get discounts all together!
Earn 20 Miles Per Dollar on Luggage While Also Getting 20% off Tumi – Wrap it Up with an Amex Offer!
Step 1 – Amex Offer
One of the most frequent Amex Offers around is the one for eBags. It changes sometimes with the amount of the savings. This is one of the more generous ones (since they stopped being allowed to save to multiple cards on your account and using multiple gift cards to purchase an item) so check it out and save it to the card you want to use.
Here are the details on this offer (which you can find by logging in to your American Express account and scrolling down to all the offers – then click save to card on your favorite card):
- Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $100+ in one or more transactions
- Valid online at eBags.com
- Use by 9/15/2019
Step 2 – Airline Shopping Portals
While it is not uncommon to have 20% cash back offers for eBags, getting 20 miles per dollar with multiple airlines is certainly something more rare. Plus, if you value any of these miles at better than 1 mile per cent, you will be doing a bit better than the cash back offer!
Here are the airline portals with the offer and their links:
- United Airlines – 20 miles per dollar
- Alaska Airlines – 20 miles per dollar
- American Airlines – 20 miles per dollar
Please note the following details to make sure you get your miles! They are the same for all the portals.
- Orders deemed by eBags.com to be used for reselling purposes are not eligible.
- Not eligible on the following brands: Fujifilm, Samsung, Briggs & Riley.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates, luggage locator services, or monogramming.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
- Purchases made with a gift card may be ineligible.
To make it basic, don’t buy any Fujifilm stuff (didn’t know eBags sold them!), or Samsung or Briggs&Riley. The Briggs&Riley bit is a shame as they have awesome luggage. Also, don’t use coupons not on the portal sites and don’t use a gift card!
The good news? Normally electronics are excluded but they are not now! So, you could even pick up Bose headphones and get 20 miles per dollar!
Step 3 – Save 20% Tumi (or save with other sales online at eBags now)
On each portal, you will see links for some offers at eBags.com. One of them is for 30% site wide and it will automatically give you the discount when clicking that link. The second one is for 20% off all Tumi for their semi-annual sale. That link also has 30% off the rest of the site (with their usual exclusions).
Step 4 – Sign-Up for eBags Rewards
While not as generous as they have been in the past, you should definitely sign up for the eBags Rewards system. You will earn up to 10% back on your purchase for a future purchase (with special promos sometimes that offer even up to 20% back!). Not a lot but something to add to in the future!
Remember that this semi-annual Tumi sale should be reflected at other retailers as well so check out their prices also. But, with all of these stacking opportunities, it is a pretty good way to rack up some savings and cash back – while earning a bunch of miles!
For example, if you were to buy the Bose QuietComfort 35 II headphones, you won’t get any more of a discount than the $50 already off them, but here is how this would breakdown:
- Sale price – $299
- Earn 20 miles/$ – 6,000 miles
- Amex Offer – $20 back
- eBags Rewards – $15 for future purchase
- Total price with savings/rewards – $265
- If you value the miles at 1.5 cents each, it is like paying a total of $175 for the headphones with the mileage value built in!