Since late last year, United has started releasing award sales to various regions around the world. In some cases, they are in premium cabins and actually bring the award price closer to what it used to be before the great United devaluation of 2014. To be honest, I actually like it when United releases these awards. For one thing, it gets me thinking about possible destinations to use my miles on and gets me thinking in ways I may not have before. It has also prompted me to use United miles for something when I was going to book it using other miles – at a greater inconvenience. So, while it would be nice to have actual off-peak awards from United, these surprise award sales are pretty nice too.
Save Up To 25% On United Awards To Hawaii – Book By Midnight Tonight!
The current award sale is for up to 25% off in miles for travel to Hawaii from the US or Canada. If you have the United co-branded credit card(s), it is 25% off. If you do not have a United credit card, you can receive 20% off. Either way, if you have travel in mind to Hawaii during the promo period, today is the day to book those tickets! I wrote about the rules and details to this sale in this post, but here they are so you can find what you need.
Book: June 22 – July 6, 2015
Travel: August 18 – December 15, 2015
Terms and conditions
- Saver Award discount applies for travel on Monday through Thursday only.
- Saver Award discount is only valid for air travel. Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on July 6, 2015.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after August 18, 2015, and completed on or before December 15, 2015.
- Blackout dates for travel from Hawaii to the U.S. or Canada: November 27 through November 30, 2015.
- Blackout dates for travel from the U.S. or Canada to Hawaii: November 19 through November 22, 2015.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. or Canada and Hawaii.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The 20% discounted Saver Award is available to all MileagePlus members.
- The 25% discounted Saver Award is only available to MileagePlus Chase credit cardmembers and MileagePlus Premier members.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
For more information, view the deal page here.